Hi, I've been searching for a method to enable the oovoo apk file to work with the Evo 3D and after almost a month of searching I finally found a way it took a titanium backup on another "compatible" device but I finally got it to work this is the link to the WORKING file when downloaded extract the apk file install to root of SD card and it will work perfectly for the Evo 3D

P.S. I've only tried this on my Evo 3D and I can confirm that it works PERFECTLY!!!

http://bit.ly/mQgIO6
    kona2day likes this.
    07-28-2011 03:53 AM
    Do you have to be rooted?
    07-28-2011 01:40 PM
    Do you have to be rooted?
    dont think so. He had to be rooted to use Titanium Backup, but the file itself doesnt need superuser rights to run.
    07-28-2011 01:45 PM
    Thanks tried it out works perfectly. One thing I figured out, unless you hold the phone with the camera button on top your image will be upside down. The funny thing is after inquiring about 3D support I got an email from Oovoo saying we don't support your device and don't know if we will in the future! LOL.....
    07-28-2011 04:15 PM
    Can you do it from your phone?..
    07-30-2011 11:19 AM
    Can you do it from your phone?..
    Yes you can, well I can
    07-30-2011 10:02 PM
    my Htc Evo 3d says cannot open file when i finished the download. please help!
    07-31-2011 03:57 AM
    Hi, I've been searching for a method to enable the oovoo apk file to work with the Evo 3D and after almost a month of searching I finally found a way it took a titanium backup on another "compatible" device but I finally got it to work this is the link to the WORKING file when downloaded extract the apk file install to root of SD card and it will work perfectly for the Evo 3D

P.S. I've only tried this on my Evo 3D and I can confirm that it works PERFECTLY!!!

Do u have a mirror? The link is not working..

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    07-31-2011 01:28 PM

how do I download it ?/:
    07-31-2011 04:39 PM
    link nt working
    08-03-2011 03:05 AM
    I have a evo 3d and I need help getting oovoo on my phone.. it keep telling me it can't open file
    08-03-2011 10:50 AM
    How do you install it? I even tried renaming it to remove the .gz at the end, and opening it with the package installer. It says it can't parse it.

Edit: nevermind, extracted it with file manager, works perfect. Thank you
    08-04-2011 06:21 PM
    Thanks! I downloaded and installed. Will give it a try. Am curious if it will work while hooked up to tv with mhl.
    08-05-2011 06:03 PM
    Hey, did any of you try the link? Just curious because that is how I received it. Once you download, If you have Astro file manager, go to the "download" folder directly under /sdcard, locate the .apk, and extract. Then tap on the extracted file, tap on Open App Manager, then tap on Install.
    08-08-2011 11:48 AM
    When I downloaded the apk from the link it worked ... But I can't video chat I can only im and voice call
    08-08-2011 08:19 PM
    All posts containing personal info have been deleted per the forum rules:

Private Info - Do not post personal contact information of yourself or others. This includes email addresses, phone numbers, and addresses. If you wish to contact another member, please use the email or PM features of our forum software. This is for your protection.
    Search engine bots from all over the world scrape sites and serve up content via search results. You're asking to get spammed or worse. Unless we okay it - like we did in the G+ thread - it's not allowed.

apk's up to 10MB can be uploaded to the forums or you can host them at a file sharing site.
    08-08-2011 08:58 PM
    Here it is zipped instead of gz'd. For best results, download from a desktop browser, unzip, and then transfer the apk to your SD card. Run it from there.

oovoo.zip
    08-08-2011 09:30 PM
    Thanx alot works great
    08-19-2011 01:26 PM
    Oovoo is in the market and works for the EVO 3D now.
    08-19-2011 01:43 PM
    Can you send me the link again to my email.... Poly_manman@Yahoo.com
    09-08-2011 11:14 AM
    Have you tried the Market? It is out there now (I had already installed but went and checked). Also, for privacy's and security's sake, you may want to remove your personal email and just send Cory a private message if you can't get it from the Market or the links posted above don't work. Truly not telling you what to do but there are malicious people out there
    09-09-2011 05:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD