View Poll Results: Are you returning your E3D for the Motorola Photon?

Voters
321. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! The phone just isnt for me...

14 4.36%
  • No way! I love this phone! Photon who?

247 76.95%
  • Not sure yet! (Would like to see new Photon in person)

40 12.46%
  • I am waiting on another device!

20 6.23%
08-23-2011 06:23 AM
270 1234 ...
tools
    i would return it but my 30 days are up
    07-30-2011 06:21 AM
    Evo3D = no locked bootloader. End of discussion for me personally. I thought about making the switch (I have until August 4th), but when the tool for s-off was released last night my decision was made for me ;-)
    Quarry likes this.
    07-30-2011 07:09 AM
    How did you pull that off!!?

I got my Evo 3D free from Sprint! Called and was not happy with lack of choice of a new WebOS device. So they ordered me an Evo and credited my account the $199.99 to keep me happy.

So far I am more than happy with my device! I love it!
    Wow, has anyone else got the EVO 3D for free?
    07-30-2011 11:30 AM
    I told them the same thing and wanted to switch to a comparable phone but there were not any out there and didnt want to go back to the OG Evo because that would be a waste of 200$. So they reset my rebate date and credited my account the 200$ spent on the 3D so I would hace the choice to go with the Photon when it released. I think sprint did the right thing thoughsince Im on my 3rd Evo3D due to issueswith the first few and this one is the worst out of the bunch when it comes to reseption.

Hopefully the Photon will look and feel goodto the touch and eyes or Im waiting for the GS2!
    07-30-2011 12:51 PM
    No way!/Not sure yet! = 94.35%........ Pretty impressive!!
    07-30-2011 05:41 PM
    This is not a flamebait thread nor am I bashing the photon. Just my opinion on the phone the android central editors seem to be in love with, so much more than the 3d which they seem to have a disdain for. Anyway.. Went to my local sprint store to check it out. My impression? The penile screen was unimpressive and looked grainy, motorblur felt cold and slow, much slower than sense. The phone was a lot lighter but also felt cheaper. Am I missing something?
    07-31-2011 07:15 PM
    After 2 years with a Pre I'm 100% sold on HTC/Android and the Evo 3D. I'm not going anywhere. Now I'm just looking forward to what Matias Duarte, Mr webOS, brings to the table with Ice Cream Sammich.
    07-31-2011 08:10 PM
    I'm not sure I want to know what a penile screen is.
    svargas05 likes this.
    07-31-2011 08:16 PM
    Just like the first EVO they try to bash it and compare it with every phone that came out. but the EVO stand strong and even beat out the mighty Cry-Phone so they are going to do the same with the 3D
    jscarano likes this.
    07-31-2011 08:20 PM
    I'm not sure I want to know what a penile screen is.
    Lol...just what I was thinking. I guess screen size just got waaaaaay more important....with an "r".....not impotant.

My wife will never be happy with a 4.3 inch

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    07-31-2011 08:27 PM
    Lol...just what I was thinking. I guess screen size just got waaaaaay more important....with an "r".....not impotant.

My wife will never be happy with a 4.3 inch

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    lul, wha!!!
    07-31-2011 08:49 PM
    I went into two different best buy (the real one and the mini mall one) to check it out myself. Both places the salespeople did nothing but bad mouth the photon. I played with one for a 5 minutes and walk out happy I had a 3vo. It felt like a toy phone.
    07-31-2011 09:16 PM
    Not too happy with Motorola after owning a Xoom and Droid X.
    07-31-2011 09:24 PM
    This is not a flamebait thread nor am I bashing the photon. Just my opinion on the phone the android central editors seem to be in love with, so much more than the 3d which they seem to have a disdain for. Anyway.. Went to my local sprint store to check it out. My impression? The penile screen was unimpressive and looked grainy, motorblur felt cold and slow, much slower than sense. The phone was a lot lighter but also felt cheaper. Am I missing something?
    Nah you aren't missing anything. Imho the reviewers focused on the 3D aspect of the phone and once it got the "gimmick" label it was pretty hard to shake. If the EVO 3D had been called The EVO II that just happened to have 3D capabilities I think things may have been different. I am very pleased with my choice and haven't even thought about trading this phone for something different.
    illwood likes this.
    07-31-2011 09:29 PM
    I used a Photon today as well. That phone flew. but I guess if I really wanted to convince myself the phone was slow I could.
    07-31-2011 09:45 PM
    My father owns a 3D. Its nice and all, but I wanted to go with a Photon. At first I hated the screen but then grew to like it. I really don't think its that big of a deal, they're both great phones.
    07-31-2011 10:37 PM
    The Pentile screen and MotoBlur are the biggest kills for me.I'm very happy with my EVO 3D I'm not gonna get another phone on Sprint until the new Nexus phone comes. And that's only if its a big enough upgrade from the EVO 3D. Sense 3.0 is amazing, easily better than any other UI or Launcher.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    08-01-2011 01:17 AM
    I just hope the Photon Phans will go to their own section of the forums and sing the praises of their Phone to End All Phones and let us those of us who have the EVO 3D finally be able to use our section of the forums to ask questions and talk about our own phones.
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    08-01-2011 09:31 AM
    No way. I enjoy having support and a large community
    08-01-2011 09:36 AM
    i have both the evo 3d which ive had for 3weeks and the photon 4g...................u would not believe how much better the photon performs on 4g, and Im the biggest htc fan there is.................................the photon gets 4g where the evo 3d doesnt, and i am not a fan of motorola or motoblue.......
    08-01-2011 10:28 AM
    Hehe i played with the photon at sprint and in my opinion it was pretty fast similar to the E3D but motoblur was not nearly as polished as sense 3.0. The big screen was nice but doesn't seem as crisp or as sensative as the Qhd screen on the E3D.
    It seemes too light in weight feels plasticy like samsung compared to my E3D.
    My buddie is voing to try out tge photon for 30 and decide if he want to switch to the E3D so ill get to play with it more.

Sent from my EVO 3D w/ Tapatalk
    08-01-2011 11:31 AM
    It wont replace my Evo 3D but I am gonna go check it out tonight I think. I wanna see how awesome or bad it is.
    08-01-2011 11:31 AM
    I haven't used it and it seems to be pretty good, but NOTHING can beat the Evo 3d now that it is rooted. Plus the community of the Evo 3D>>>>>>>>>>the photon, one of the most important things for me is a huge community and lots of dev/community support. You can tell how the community for the photon can be just by looking at how active their forums are. So I just feel meh about it.....Mhl is better than hdmi because I can also charge the phone while connected and the Kickstand was added by buying a case, so there is nothing about the photon that appeals to me.
    08-01-2011 11:39 AM
    Hehe i played with the photon at sprint and in my opinion it was pretty fast similar to the E3D but motoblur was not nearly as polished as sense 3.0. The big screen was nice but doesn't seem as crisp or as sensative as the Qhd screen on the E3D.
    It seemes too light in weight feels plasticy like samsung compared to my E3D.
    My buddie is voing to try out tge photon for 30 and decide if he want to switch to the E3D so ill get to play with it more.

Sent from my EVO 3D w/ Tapatalk
    LOLz! You said you are going to play with your buddy's photon!
    cgardnervt likes this.
    08-01-2011 11:43 AM
    Well a few things are for sure after using it in the store. It's fast, the reception is better and the battery seems to be better. The pics and video are definitely better.
    08-01-2011 12:04 PM
270 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD