Returning Evo 3D for new Sprint Motorola Photon 4G? Compare.

Are you returning your E3D for the Motorola Photon?

• Total voters

IcerC

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Nope 3d is staying. I like htc better than moto. The even though I use launcher pro I enjoy the music, timer, alarm notifications built into the lockscreen. Also the 4 quick buttons I the lockscreen

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Returning the Evo 3D for the new Sprint Motorola Photon 4G?

That Pentile screen is horrid to look at. And Sense 3.0 is better than Moto Blur. And Im sure once that boot loader for the Evo3D is unlocked the Devs are gonna go nuts on that phone!

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

I agree, AC lost all credibility with me for reviews. The screen is nowhere near as crisp as the 3d. It's not even close. I even played with a Thunderbolt last week and that screen wasn't so hot either. People need to stop letting their 3D bias show so much.

rideneasy5

May 25, 2010
Visit site

I am happy with my 3d. Not really to fond of blur or moto phones.

EMT J

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Almost no phone ever does this well. We are the true nerds who are never happy... and we are happy.

Point taken, but I feel that anyone that has actually USED the phone would be happy with it. In terms of what we've come to expect from smartphones, the phone delivers. It's fast, powerful and handles multiple tasks smoothly with no hiccups.

The problem is some early reviewers placed too much emphasis on the 3d aspect of the phone while ignoring everything else and the naysayers jumped on the bandwagon, parroting the "gimmick" nonsense.

And while it's true that we are nerds, most of us here seem to be pretty casual and laid back and rational. There is a hypercritical, never happy contingent too but they same to be a minority here.

I'm sure the photon is a great device, but out of the box there's nothing it can do that the 3D can't. Now, the extra accessories the photon will have appeal to some, and anyone in that boat should by all means go get it. To me that's not important, its not as though the phone comes with the laptop and media docks, you have to buy them. I also change my phone every year so spending extra money for accessories makes no sense to me.

While there's no across the board perfect device, the beauty of Android is due to having so many choices there'll be a perfect device for YOU.

thood03

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I traded my photon for the 3d. Upgraded from the 4g. The photon is a great phone if you can look past the pentile screen and that ugly ass motoskin.. I also was disappointed with the photon camera. All these people saying that the camera is better than the 3d and I don't see it.. the final straw of the photon was the camera for me. I take alot of pics. Well happy I made the switch to the 3d. Sense 3.0 is beautiful

Reactions: CarrieK

whatnow213

May 27, 2011
Visit site

I hate this phone! It's too late for me to trade it in. If you can do it don't wait! Do it now. It is just as bad as my old pre. I keep waiting for an update to fix the signal but to no avail. If you can save your self the frustration and get anything else.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site

This is what I don't understand... I have the EVO 4G, but I use Launcher Pro. If I got the Photon, I would be using Launcher Pro. If I got the EVO 3D... I would be using Launcher Pro. So I guess my question is, why do people keep harping on Blur and singing the praises of the new Sense? I still think Launcher Pro is better than the new sense. Am I alone in this opinion?

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I have no problems with signal strength and i absolutely love my Evo 3D. I'm an HTC fanboy through and through so I would never consider a Moto phone, they look crude and cold (both software and hardware). Add to that how well Sense 3.0 runs on the Evo 3D and the soon to be s-off, no way would I Downgrade to the Photon.

And I will probably run either another launcher or ROM at some point, but not for a while. I usually get bored around the 6-8 month range;)

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
This is what I don't understand... I have the EVO 4G, but I use Launcher Pro. If I got the Photon, I would be using Launcher Pro. If I got the EVO 3D... I would be using Launcher Pro. So I guess my question is, why do people keep harping on Blur and singing the praises of the new Sense? I still think Launcher Pro is better than the new sense. Am I alone in this opinion?

The launcher will be different but some things will remain the same. Notification area, lock screen and general feel will reflect the stock rom.

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site

i agree.you just cant beat launcher pro

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site

i bought a 4000 mah extended battery for my evo3d.im not about to trade in this phone now.im keeping it for 2 years.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm sure the photon is a great device, but out of the box there's nothing it can do that the 3D can't.

Uh, no disrespect or anything, but there is certainly one thing the Photon can do that the US version of the 3D will *never* do: make calls on a GSM network. :p

While there's no across the board perfect device, the beauty of Android is due to having so many choices there'll be a perfect device for YOU.

Now that I can agree with!

cheechmo

May 9, 2011
Visit site

I hate this phone! It's too late for me to trade it in. If you can do it don't wait! Do it now. It is just as bad as my old pre. I keep waiting for an update to fix the signal but to no avail. If you can save your self the frustration and get anything else.
Are you sure it's not just a bad apple? Did you try a replacement?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12