What is your most significant problem with the EVO 3D?

What is the biggest issue for you with the EVO 3D?

• Total voters

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
At the very least, OP could change the title to say, " IF You Have Problems With... " I guarantee I would be called out if I posted a poll that said, "I Love My EVO 3D Because... " There would be people saying, "But what if I don't love my EVO 3D??? " I would be called biased and a "fangrrl. " Personally I believe it would be more reasonable to have a poll of that nature in the EVO 3D forum than one that has a negative connotation.

Reactions: hatchettjack

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Wah wah, boo hoo, I love my 3D & worship it. If anyone has an issue with their 3D they should deny it & keep worshiping it as I do regardless.
We need a "why I love & worship my 3D" poll. Sob, sob.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Wah wah, boo hoo, I love my 3D & worship it. If anyone has an issue with their 3D they should deny it & keep worshiping it as I do regardless.
We need a "why I love & worship my 3D" poll. Sob, sob.

Lol if I wanted a poll I would start one ;) No tears here.

dkmrules

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Its so damn sexy, and after acquiring said evo I have gotten non-stop attention from women. "Entertaining" said women has not allowed me to use my evo much.....

But really, I havent had a single problem with my evo no signal problems, after figuring out my camera settings it takes pretty good shots. And then comes the battery. 26 hours with 3 hours of screen time on? My pre wouldnt make it 6 hours on standby near the end of it's life. THIS PHONE ROCKS I cant reiterate that enough.

toad6386

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
My only issue/annoyance with my 3VO is that my 09 Ford/MS Sync (set for BT audio) will start ANY music player app when it initally connects if another audio app is not paused. It really bugs my wife if she gets in my car when I'm close by, cranks it and Skillet starts blasting (I like it loud). So it might be considered a health hazard for me. ;) I know Sync is finnicky with some BT sets, so I expect its strictly that (Sync being finnicky). If I were to have my drathers, I'd rather it work like this than not at all.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I think you have that role pretty well covered.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I have had 3 different devices in the last year and I have been happy with all of them. Use the Optimus S as a business phone now because it is the least expensive of the three so I wouldn't feel quite so bad if something happened to it, but it is a great value for the money and is a little beast running Reborn. Absolutely loved my EVO 4G except I had to stay tethered to a charger due to battery life. Still, because of all it could do and the fact I used it constantly I considered that to be a fair trade-off. I honestly wasn't sure if I were going to use the upgrade I had been saving to get the 3D or not, but was given an unexpected upgrade on one of my other lines so I decided to try it out. Maybe I am just lucky but I have not had a single one of the problems people have mentioned here. The battery life out of the box beats the 4G hands down and it is extremely responsive and fast. If by stating my satisfaction I am a fangrrl then I guess I am. :p

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
CarrieK,

YOU ARE SUCH A FANGRRL!!!!!!!!
But that is why we love you. ;)

Keep on rock'n with all of your phones. No shame if the EVO3d is your favorite. It's such a great phone.

sent with lazer beams using my EVO3D

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
CarrieK,

YOU ARE SUCH A FANGRRL!!!!!!!!
But that is why we love you. ;)

Keep on rock'n with all of your phones. No shame if the EVO3d is your favorite. It's such a great phone.

sent with lazer beams using my EVO3D

Thank you my forum friend! :D

Last edited:

boe

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Latest update still doesn't fix dropped calls.

I was hoping with the recent software update the dropped calls would go away but I had a few last week while I was staying at a friend's place where I had three bars. I dropped a call at an office today where I had full bars.

boe

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Samsung Epic Touch 4G and the call quality is MUCH better but the 3D has faster data speeds.

klever one

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
My mhl adapter doesn't work ever since the latest update? Ursa the phone not the adapter.my friend has the sensation which also usesmhl adapter and it works great.I miss it since I used yup play movies into my TV at work for customers.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Which update? Lol Did I miss something overnight!? I am rooted on stock updated ROM so I don't get the nags but I haven't seen anything on the forums lately.

I have the HTC mhl adapter they sell through Sprint and have successfully used it on multiple tv's.

EDIT : I saw your thread and responded there but jic, have you checked to see if your usb is set to charge only? If so, change it to disk drive. Just my first thought since you said that it appears to be charging but no output.

Last edited:

EMT J

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
On the previous EVO, I could easily erase all my texts and call history by clearing data in the dialer storage app. On the 3D that tab is grayed out. This isn't really a problem, more of an observation. I do miss the convenience of being able to get rid of it all with one click though.

Jay005

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm by no means rough with my devices but I'm on my third 3D in as many months. The first two hardware issues and my current one suffers from low speaker volume. This drives me crazy because although the audio has quality, it does little good if I can't hear it! Sorry to say, but I'm a little unhappy with the 3D. I had zero problems from my og EVO 4G for a year.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: CAMERA. Just got back from Mexico, Compared side by side with my 2 year old Canon A570 and while I understand that one's a camera and a phone, The 3D's photos are noisy as hell and almost unsharable. This is after using the tweaks from various camera threads. Even for a cellphone camera it's bad. And Even if it's the settings, this is still not acceptable performance.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
There are some who consider the fact that you have to change the settings for the camera as a problem. I have seen a lot of great shots posted taken using the EVO 3D in both 2D and 3D and have posted some myself. I guess it is more of a matter of opinion than a problem but those who don't like it feel very strongly about it.