how do i connect my phone to my tv?

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I went to two T mobile stores and they were both clueless. Indianapolis

Same here. I even told them it is for the Sensation and is available online. I had to explain what it's used for. I don't expect a sales representative to know everything about every phone but you'd think they'd know about that. I ended up going to my Sprint store and while they didn't have any in stock they ordered me one and had it shipped to me free, added it to my bill, and gave me 25% off. Should be here Monday.

blue123

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I just received my MHL adaptor from TMobile. I had to order it online for $19.99. The adaptor itself connects to your phone and a HDMI cable. You also HAVE to connect your phone charger, to a side port on the MHL, and plug it in. It worked great!!! We watched Netflix through the phone last night...also YouTube, gallery camera shots, and played all of my downloaded music. You'll love it!!!:)

Reactions: CarrieK

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I just received my MHL adaptor from TMobile. I had to order it online for $19.99. The adaptor itself connects to your phone and a HDMI cable. You also HAVE to connect your phone charger, to a side port on the MHL, and plug it in. It worked great!!! We watched Netflix through the phone last night...also YouTube, gallery camera shots, and played all of my downloaded music. You'll love it!!!:)

Got mine and I have to say that it is awesome! Hooking it up was a breeze. Just hooked the adapter to the phone, hooked up the hdmi cable and power cord into the adapter. Plugged power cord into outlet and hdmi into TV. Once I scrolled down to hdmi and selected it on the tv my phone screen displayed right away. I spent a couple of hours last night just playing. Even videos recorded in 3D displayed correctly. Not in 3D of course since my TV is not a 3DTV, but played correctly in regular 2D. This is so cool! :D

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Good to know I'm not the only one who was wondering about that because I didn't see it in the video either. Imho that is a strange place to put it if it is operational and I would think some of the techies would have been talking about it before now. Not saying it isn't there because it might be but I'm not taking my phone apart to find out. Got me curious now. Anyone take theirs apart and if so, are there pictures?
Just so everyone knows, Radio Shack sells the adapter for $10 without an hdmi cable. He said $30 with, which is a complete rip off.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just so everyone knows, Radio Shack sells the adapter for $10 without an hdmi cable. He said $30 with, which is a complete rip off.

The actual MHL HDMI adapter? The reason I ask is because last week I called all over Timbuktoo and couldn't find one. Phoned my local Radio Shack and they had no clue what the MHL HDMI adapter is. The guy who answered the phone even asked another guy who was there if he knew anything about it and I explained to them what it was. Same result when I went to the T-Mobile store to ask them (so I could use the 50% off in-store coupon). I did find it on T-Mobile's and Sprint's websites but not on Radio Shack's. Finally, I just went ahead and got Sprint's HTC one by going by the Sprint store. While they didn't have any in-stock, I did get 25% off and they shipped it to me free of charge. I had a gift card from when I had pre-ordered my phone and then ended up getting it early through Premier so I don't think I did too bad.

Last edited:

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This is my result from my search on Radio Shack's website: We're sorry. Your search for “mhl hdmi adapter” found 0 items. Did another search removing the "HDMI" part and got this: We're sorry. Your search for “mhl adapter” found 0 items.

I don't really know how else one would search for it...

tdibs

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
The Evo 3D has DLNA capability but your TV needs to be DLNA compatible and they both need to be on your wifi network. Just go the the connected media app or media share and allow it to access your music,pictures and video files(including downloaded movies) and you can display them on your TV with any wires or adapters. The quality is excellent. If you want to watch online movies then you need the mhl adapter.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The Evo 3D has DLNA capability but your TV needs to be DLNA compatible and they both need to be on your wifi network. Just go the the connected media app or media share and allow it to access your music,pictures and video files(including downloaded movies) and you can display them on your TV with any wires or adapters. The quality is excellent. If you want to watch online movies then you need the mhl adapter.

I do the Media Share through our PS3 and also use mhl for full mirroring of my phone. Both are pretty neat. :D

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I bought the mhl adapter and it didn't work. What I do is find a way to get whatever I want to view on my sd card, plug up my phone to my Xbox via usb cord and mount it as a disk drive. This way is better to me for 3 reasons. Number one it doesn't heat up your battery because the screen is not on while your watching using my method. Number 2 your phone charges more when watching something this way because the screen is not on and finally you can still text or surf the Web while phone is plugged up. If you don't have a x box or ps3 most tv's have usb drives on then now. Oh and a final benefit, you don't have to run around looking for a mhl cord or waste the money buying one when you do find it. Honestly somebody can have my mhl cord. Haven't used it in almost a year