Getting an Evo 3D tomorrow

bobbob1016

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Once I get it, is it still the best to let it charge 100% while it's off, or does that not matter anymore? I remember when I got my original Evo, everyone said I had to do that, but I'd prefer not to leave my phone at home when I go to work.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You should fine right out of the box. Depending on how much of a charge it has right away, you will need to charge it relatively soon then.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Reactions: bobbob1016

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The best thing for your battery is when you first get it is till kill whatever charge it has on there, that way when you charge it, it will give it a full and fresh charge cycle. I did that, and still let it get to just bout 3% and then put it on that charger. After a few weeks of doing that you will easily get 13-17 hour battery life on a single charge.

Some other tips for better battery management:
1- Turn off haptic feedback (Menu>Settings>Sounds>then uncheck Vibrate Feedback)
2- Don't constantly turn your screen on and off to see if you got any notifications, thats what the notification light is for
3- Its ok to leave your GPS on, its only used when a specific application needs it, you'll waste more battery turning it on and off all the time.
4- Use Wifi whenever possible, but only when you're in a wifi network, otherwise you'll do more damage than good.
5- Social Widgets are your enemy! You're going to end up clicking to the app anyways and its not worth them constantly refreshing.

Hope this can help some people.

bobbob1016

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I got the phone, and it seems great. It offered to do an update though, not sure if that'd affect my rooting ability though. Not sure the exact version though, hasn't come up again. Is it a good idea to do the update though? If I want to root that is.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes update your phone. It fixes some bugs that came with the phone on release day. It should not affect rootable access as far as I know. Read up on rooting in the rooting forums. They just got it working a few days ago.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes update your phone. It fixes some bugs that came with the phone on release day. It should not affect rootable access as far as I know. Read up on rooting in the rooting forums. They just got it working a few days ago.
I took the update prior to rooting, all is well.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
How do you see your battery life as a % ? All I see is the battery picture at the top.
From the Getting Started section on Applications:

4887d1292344409-getting-started-android-tips-tricks-battery-status-notification-widget.png
Battery Status (free, Upgraded $1) - Puts the real battery percentage in the Notification Bar. It is colored coded and takes almost no power. You don't even have to unlock the phone to see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34