What is DLN...?

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The 3D doesn't have an hdmi out so it uses something called dln.. Or something like that.
What is that and how do you use it??

Yes I did search the web and i couldn't come up with something I understood...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
The 3D doesn't have an hdmi out so it uses something called dln.. Or something like that.
What is that and how do you use it??

Yes I did search the web and i couldn't come up with something I understood...

It does have HDMI out with an optional adapter. (HD something, I forget)

DLNA basically lets you stream media from phone to a DLNA enabled player, such as a blue ray player with this oiption. Just basicly wireless HDMI.

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
They have those tvs now where you can connect the internet to them and watch netflix etc. Would this work on that?

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
There is an app included called Media Share. It uses DLNA and allows you to stream your movies,picture, or videos to any supprted device. Since my Tv doesn't have dlna I use my ps3 or xbox,
or
Get an MHL adapter which is the way to use an hdmi cable. It plugs through the charging port and allows your phone to charge while it is connected to your tv.

LilTmac2003

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
You have two options, wireless and wired.

Wired - You have to purchase a MHL adapter. It plugs into your phone and than the other end has two outputs, micro USB and HDMI. You can connect the HDMI output to your TV, while the micro USB output to a charger so you can charge and play at the same time.

Wireless - This is called DLNA. If you have a DLNA compatible device connected to the same network as your EVO 3D (which also is a DLNA compatible device), that you can wirelessly stream content over such device. If your TV has WiFi, than it probably already supports DLNA. Another common device is an Xbox 360.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Here are the acronyms for DLNA...

DLNA Digital Living Network Alliance
DLNA Distance Learning Network Aid
DLNA Diplexer Low Noise Amplifier
DLNA Disilgold Literary Network Association
DLNA Deaf Literacy Needs Assessment
DLNA Dynamical Limited Nuclear Aggregation

I believe we are referring to the top one on that list. Here's the official DLNA site...

Home - DLNA

And here is the wikipedia info...

Digital Living Network Alliance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think this should about cover it ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon