Strange (but fixed) problem

vandy56

May 27, 2011
Visit site
This is for anyone who might have had the same problem...

Yesterday, my comma key stopped working. You heard me right. It was as if that part of the screen just wasn't registering my presses anymore. I'm very protective of the phone and this problem scared the poo out of me (worries of being told it was my fault for being too harsh on it when the opposite is true).

Anyway, if anyone else has this problem, a simple shut down, battery pull worked for me. Kind of anticlimactic, but it would get you riled up, too, if part of your screen stopped working.

theoneuafter

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I actually had this happen to me too, but it was my whole keyboard! Lol
Batt pull fixed it for me too and it never happened again. Was quite nerve racking.

cheechmo

May 9, 2011
Visit site
We've already seen some reports here of certain areas of the touchscreen that randomly stop working. I had it happen once. Like you said, it's usually fixed with a reboot.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine was the backspace key (kept entering the predictive text over and over), but only acted up on one page that I had to enter information. Other pages where fine. A reboot fixed it though. I thought it was an issue with swiftkey on that site. Maybe I was wrong.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It happened to the top half of my screen. I was on the main homepage and went to swipe left and nothing. Tried it 5 more times and nothing then moved 1" down and it swiped. Went 1" upward and nothing. I was freaking out and started going into convulsions! I got myself under control and restarted the phone and all was well in 3D land again.

Is it only me that thinks HTC's quality has gone downhill for both hardware and software? I mean, they've been cranking out so many different models on different carriers that I think quality is suffering for it. I think they need to hire QC inspector #6 from fruit of the loom and place him/her at the end of the line to inspect these phones before shipping.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci