Creating photo albums in Gallery app

tdesai4

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
is there a way to put pics I have taken into albums....I want to create a new album and put some pics into it...is there a way to do that in app itself? or do I need to hook up to computer?

Thanks

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The "albums" are just taken from the folder names that the picture files exist under.

I would just use a file manager app like EStrong or Astro and create the folders that you want to have as separate albums and move the pictures into those folder.

No computer connection required.

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I connect to the computer to create new albums on my phone. First, I created a MyPictures folder on the phone's root drive and created subfolders in the MyPictures folder. Then I move pics into albums as desired. The subfolder titles show as albums in my Photo Gallery with all of the pics in the appropriate folders/albums.

f_esteban_2002

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Creating photo albums in Gallery app (Resolved)

I connect to the computer to create new albums on my phone. First, I created a MyPictures folder on the phone's root drive and created subfolders in the MyPictures folder. Then I move pics into albums as desired. The subfolder titles show as albums in my Photo Gallery with all of the pics in the appropriate folders/albums.

Hi Droids!

I'm the developer of Foozer for Android, I don't want to do spam, but out of the developer view, I had this real problem that many android phone owner had, to create new albums and move photos! I have hundreds of photos on my phone and I don't like to organize them on PC nor with a file explorer on the phone :-\

As an advanced user and a Java developer I decided to develop an app to face this problem, and is available since dec 2011 on Market. I hope it will be usefull for such users and If you like it, leave a comment :D

I will don't leave you the link but if you google Foozer, you will found it ;)

cowboycb36

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the Foozer App for my droid razr. I created a "FamilyPhoto" album. Now how do I move pictures to it? Been trying for a few weeks now and have no idea what I am doing.
Randall

kingfishbc

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
My quote from another HTC Android thread:

"I second Foozer! I installed and uninstalled 4 of the highest reviewed photo apps, because NONE of them did what I wanted them to do: simply create, organize and manage photo albums. Foozer does exactly this and does it elegantly. I am not interested in cutifying photos on my GS3 (sorry for posting in the HTC forum, but there was precious little about Foozer in the hardware-specific forum); if I am going to edit photos, I'll do it on my computer where I have room to work, and I'll do it in Photoshop. I am surprised that Samsung and Android doesn't handle this basic operation in a much cleaner simpler way; my BlackBerry 9550 with its native software did it a whale of a lot better than these guys. With Foozer, I'm back in the simple business."

I am also surprised (although I'm not sure how useful it would really be), that I cannot seem to make the camera button work in Foozer; nothing happens. F_esteban_2002 if you read this I guess I'd appreciate a clue. Samsung Galaxy SIII, Android jellybean...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz