Did anyone here receive the new Android Market yet?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I know the apk for it is floating around there somewhere, and I did use it before I reloaded my phone from scratch, but I was just wondering if anyone got the new version in an "official" way yet? They said it was supposed to roll out in the coming weeks...

Anyone?

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the reminder daniel of the link location. I totally forgot about the new market.
I just DLed it and it works. I might even rent the movie "sucker punch" tonight to see how good their rentals are.

dkmrules

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I wish I didn't have it, sure it looks nice but I keep getting a message saying that background data is disabled, i go into the settings and its enabled! Another flaw to add to the evo 3d's growing list.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
My 3D has yet to get this update! I'm in no hurry! When it comes I will update to it!

Looking like most people are manually updating their phones for it. I don't need to rent movies on my phone yet. Is the UI that much better that its worth updating to it now VIA the download feed in said thread?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
My 3D has yet to get this update! I'm in no hurry! When it comes I will update to it!

Looking like most people are manually updating their phones for it. I don't need to rent movies on my phone yet. Is the UI that much better that its worth updating to it now VIA the download feed in said thread?

I didn't wait. the UI is nice and I like it 10 times better. well worth the download. I rented sucker punch just because I wanted to see that movie so bad that it was worth it for me to pay the cost and test out the streem. all I will say was OMG was that an awesome movie. I also picked up a battery app. seems to be working fine.

Reactions: cgardnervt

asandor

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got the EVO 3D this past Saturday, don't have have the new market update yet. Don't have it on my EVO 4G either. Guy at work as the G2 and he got it last week sometime.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Nah, it will come. It took a while from the last market to update to the current one, and seeing how Google is going to let us rent movies and buy books and stuff, they certainly will make sure that we will all have a chance to increase their revenue stream through books and movies.

I did have the new market on my last Evo 3d, just never bothered putting it on this one because on the last one I did have issues with some apps not wanting to update. It would tell me there is an update available but I couldn't do it individually, I had to wait until more than one app needed an update and then was able to do an "update all".

fred72matt

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
It works but is very slow to load. If I switch orientation of the screen after it loads it takes about 15-20 seconds to load again. I don't remember that in the old market.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
It works but is very slow to load. If I switch orientation of the screen after it loads it takes about 15-20 seconds to load again. I don't remember that in the old market.

You may want to uninstall/reinstall it. Mine rotates instantaneously. It can be annoying when I'm surfing while laying down though, but I am happy to have a fast phone.

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I keep logging in hoping like a kid at Christmas it's going to load the new market. Seems weird they announced it like 3wks ago and the majority of us have still yet to see it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay