disable lock screen drag ring

CMILD561

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
there any way to get rid of this so if i click the power button it brings me to the phone without doing the drag the ring up to the top, seems like overkill just to prevent accidental assdialing?

ive tried settings>security>set up screen lock >none. but it is still there.

Toploader

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Bump.

Anyone know how to do this other then using nolock? I wanna disable my ring pull, but keep the security pin. Nolock sadly also disables the pin which is no good for me.

MikusP

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yo! You could also try GO Locker. Same idea as Go Launcher but isolated to the lockscreen. Just install and download any other themes you like! Pretty sweet for free, no? :p

gonk24

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Yo! You could also try GO Locker. Same idea as Go Launcher but isolated to the lockscreen. Just install and download any other themes you like! Pretty sweet for free, no? :p

Go Locker is great. I'm using the ICS HD theme and loving it.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
well quick update, search the market for "no lock" and bingo....i am happy now

Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me because I want to have security. It is stupid that I have to fight the Sense lock screen, and THEN have to enter my pattern password to unlock the phone.

When you have a pattern or password or pin set for security, there should be an option to not have to go through the "pull the ring" thing too! I can't believe HTC never bothered to integrate lock-screen security still!

I don't suppose anyone found a way around that?

Marcus Colwell

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Go to Personalize>Lock Screen Style> No Lock screen

That disables to stupid Ring, but still allows for all the different security unlocks. I tried with Pattern, Pin, Facial and Password.
I don't have to drag the ring, but I still get my security. It makes accessing my phone much faster.

I have an HTC Droid DNA

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I too was going crazy with this isue, but I finally found a solution and wanted to share with you guys/girls.
My phone is the HTC one V with HTC Sense ver.4
Ok so, first thing is to disable all security on the HTC Sense.
This will give the default pull ring when u try to unlock the phone
Now i installed 2 things , the go launcher EX and the Go Locker. The settings you need to change are in Go Locker so you shouldn't need go launcher EX hopefully i just prefer it over HTC Sense.
Ok so, launch Go Locker and (if you get a screentalking about locking the home key i just by passed that by clicking "set later") click setting icon on top right corner,

All settings stayed on Default except the following :
activate Go Locker : ON

And now go to security:
I clicked on pattern
drew my pattern and saved it
and all the way to the bottom you see a setting called:
Password unlock (directly enter the password, skip the lock screen page) --> THIS IS THE ELUDED SETTING TURN THIS ON

and no more slide lock (and hopefully no ring i haven't tried it without go launcher ex) when you try and unlock your phone it will take you directly to the pattern screen
WOO HOO!!!

lock screen : disabled this was the default i didn't change it

advanced setting -->
Turn off system lock : Select "none" to prevent showing double lock --> just better to disable all security on the HTC Sense

Hope this helps

Bushey55

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately no "no lock screen" option in my HTC Sensation One.
Any other ideas? It takes me 4-5 times to get the damn ring to move!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34