Hi Guys.

I went to Future Shop up here in Canada and was going to return the Samsung Infuse 4G i got because of a few nagging issues.

Thankfully, they got the EVO 3d in stock and I did a straight exchange and I am very glad I did (especially now that I got a phone that won't be obsolete for a while).

The screen is excellent and I love the sense UI (especially the weather & lockscreens).

Build quality is fantastic and very well made. However, I will be getting a screen protector and maybe a case (didn't have time last night) today.

Having dual cores does make a difference that I didn't realized before and looking forward to playing some games on it.

now for download speed on the Rogers Network.

first run: 3810kps down & 627kps up (141ms ping) (at work)

second run: 2935kps down & 1186kps up (195ms ping) (at home)

third run: 3326kps down & 1183kps up (165ms ping) (at home as well)

I never got this speed on the samsung infuse 4g (had it a couple of days before returning it yesterday) nor on my old samsung captivate (obviously).

Overall, I love my EVO 3d and highly recommend the phone.
    cgardnervt, CarrieK and Wiley_11 like this.
    08-10-2011 08:21 AM
    Welcome aboard! Glad our Northern neighbors get to experience the 3D awesomeness I've had mine since 6/23 and have had a blast with it. I honestly got the phone for its other specs and not necessarily for the 3D aspect but I have found myself using it a lot. Also, if you get a chance, give the mhl adapter a try. It allows you to mirror your phone's screen onto your tv. I use it a lot and enjoy it very much.
    08-10-2011 08:25 AM
    Thanks.

I got a question about HTC Hub/HTC sense. While signing up, it asks me for my phone number. I kinda protective on giving out my phone number for services like these. Do they give out your phone number to anyone or shown public? or is it more for some of the features (find my phone maybe) they provide?
    08-10-2011 08:29 AM
    I gave it to them. I don't think that it shares any information with the public so you should be safe. Its more or less a way for it to know who you are is my guess. Also lets them know that you have an active phone and not just a WiFi device too. Again this is just a guess though.

I have also not be bugged by anyone from there as well.

Take it for what its worth! GO ahead and sign up! Good luck!
    08-10-2011 09:18 AM
    Thanks.

I got a question about HTC Hub/HTC sense. While signing up, it asks me for my phone number. I kinda protective on giving out my phone number for services like these. Do they give out your phone number to anyone or shown public? or is it more for some of the features (find my phone maybe) they provide?
    Welcome to A/C and I hope you enjoy this great phone&community as much as I do. Personally I don't see where it would be in HTC's best interest to give someones # out. Happy 3Ding.
    08-10-2011 12:10 PM
    quick update about battery life.

I am over 14hrs on the first charge and have 4 bars left (from the battery option under About Phone in settings). Better battery life than I thought.

About the network speeds I posted earlier. I should have mentioned that I live in Western Canada (not in Ottawa), so those are not 4G/LTE speeds.
    08-10-2011 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD