Repeating text messages

bdGDL08

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Last night, I recieved a text from one of my friends... About an hour later, I recieved it again. I'm now up to 21 (!!) of those duplicate texts! Now, it has started again with texts from my girlfriend.

I originally assumed it was my friend's phone, but my girlfriend has a different phone on a different network. Now, I am using a custom ROM (Viper), and a theme (Ginger Thyparency). I wouldn't think that either of those would affect sms. Any ideas?

~Drew

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that is indeed an unusual problem and must be very frustrating. Based on what you are saying, you didn't experience this before you installed your ROM and theme, correct? Have you downloaded any new apps (there are some malicious ones out there)? Do you have any processes running amok? Just throwing stuff out there. Hopefully someone else will be able to shed some light. Perhaps once you have explored some different solutions, your best bet may be to restore your nandroid and go back to your previous settings.

bdGDL08

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, it seems to have been related to my Airrave. When I left my house, I suddenly received about 6 messages that I hadn't gotten, all from last night. No texts after those.

~Drew

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, it seems to have been related to my Airrave. When I left my house, I suddenly received about 6 messages that I hadn't gotten, all from last night. No texts after those.

~Drew

Well that's good to know! Glad you got it figured out. Is your Airrave messed up, or did it just need resetting? Just curious now ;)

bdGDL08

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't know yet; I haven't been back home. I might have gotten one more duplicate, but I don't know. It dies seem fine, now, so I will wait and see... Otherwise, nandroid.

~Drew

Volbeat

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
My friend keeps getting a text from me over and over. She has an incredible. A Google search led me to this thread. We've tried everything from a reboot to clearing the sms cache and data. Shes trying to avoid a factory reset.

riz518

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Same thing on my phone.. repeat texts all day and night long, when i'm home and away from my house (airwave)... My girls phone is doing the same thing as well.....

incarceration

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah a buddy of mine just recently got an airave and he was having the same issues (he was sending txt more than once without knowing).

Make sure you have your airave properly setup\wired, it seemed to make a difference with him when I reinstalled it\re-wired how he had it installed with his modem and router

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude