Wifi stops working.

Karlzweb

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyine has this issue...

For some reason my wifi connection will just stop working. I know the wifi is ok, because I will be logged in with my computer at the time. I can also turn off and turn on the wifi connection from my phone and it will connect right back up, but it is really annoying. I have also tried resetting and a battery pull, but this will happen again and again...

Thanks for your help!

footysr

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Network setup information? Router model?

I recently was having some issues on my network and it turned out to be the repeater I was using.

Karlzweb

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I use a netgear at home... I should mention that I havre also nced this when using other wifi networks at my girls house and the onr we have at work, so logic would lead to believe it has something to do with the phone... wierd thing is that it works... And then it doesn't. Was wondering if anyone has seen this, otherwise I guess I need to just bring it to sprint.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried Settings>Wifi & Networks>Wifi Settings>Menu>Advanced>Wifi Sleep Policy>Never? :)

Last edited:

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have not tried that! I changed it now and will see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

I also checked the Best Wifi Performance box. I haven't noticed any difference but it can't hurt.

OT: Can one of the Mods check the servers. I think somebody spilled molasses in them again. :D

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me too. Seems like a wide issue, and hopefully will be fixed in an update. I made a thread a few days ago about how dumb it is for the phone not to switch to the mobile network if, for some reason, whatever data request doesnt go through on wi-fi.

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
yea that setting should help out with the problem a lot. and be sure ur not running anything in the background like juicedefender on extreme or some other battery saver..sometimes they have settings that can overide your preferences. just tweak

eovnu87435ds

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
The only time I see anything like that is when I'm at work, using WPA2 Enterprise. I have to put in a "Wifi Settings" password before it will use my saved credentials to connect to the work network... But I think that has to do with an Exchange Security policy, not a bug.

jsmith18a

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Does the entire wi-fi network stop working?
Some older N routers choke on the HTC wireless antennas. The routers stay up but stop passing traffic to the internet.
I ultimately had to replace the home router to solve the issue.

This only applies if the entire network stops passing internet traffic.

SirRob94

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
There was another thread about this and I was pretty vocal about HTC needing to fix this.

Mine kept hanging while loading web pages. Other phones & laptops using the same router are not having the problem.

It seems that maybe there is a problem switching between 3G mobile network & Wifi. Try turning off the 3G network while using Wifi and see if it helps. It appears to be for me. This can be done by going to notifcation bar then quick settings.

HTC still needs to fix this!