Text to speech keeps switching to Spanish

onthevirg

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Seems that for some reason my g/f's 3D is constantly switching to Spanish translation on her text to speech when composing SMS messages. Doesn't matter if it's the stock/Swype keyboard. Before I was able to either A) switch it to the other installed kb or B) reboot the phone and that seemed to take care of it. It's consistently becoming more and more of a problem and she's really getting annoyed to the point where she hates the phone. Anyone have any suggestions for this issue? Thanks.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked the settings?
Menu - settings -voice input - voice recognizer settings - default language
Are you using a replacement application for sms? Check the settings in it.
Have you tried a factory reset?

onthevirg

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Used the method you outlined via the settings - voice input and that seems to have worked for now. Not using a SMS replacement app, just the stock one. Thanks for the tip. :)

sauunders

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I just fixed mine. It was doing the same thing. Went to home - settings, then applications - running services- swype - settings - locale setting (selece locale) then changed it to english (it was on spanish).

It fixed swype and also my voice-text.

May 25, 2013
Visit site
this helped me because my phone did it I believe starting yesterday. I'm glad I found that this answer worked. otherwise I would have gone into the Sprint store and had my phone factory reset. :) :D