List New Update Features

tllemmon

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Below are the things I found to be new:

Applications: Flashlight and Footprint. NOTE: The HTC help referenced the flashlight however it was not installed in version 2.3.3 on my device.

Here are the new widgets that the hub stated: Notes, Tip Calculator, Quick Record, Today In History, Translator, Daily Challenge, Fortune Cookie, Sand Timer, and Word Of The Day.

NOTE: I hope what I've added is helpful...I'm new to this site and Andriod. I'm on the fast track in trying to learn what Andriod is all about and learn the capabilities of my new HTC EVO 3D...great communite!

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Below are the things I found to be new:

Applications: Flashlight and Footprint. NOTE: The HTC help referenced the flashlight however it was not installed in version 2.3.3 on my device.

Here are the new widgets that the hub stated: Notes, Tip Calculator, Quick Record, Today In History, Translator, Daily Challenge, Fortune Cookie, Sand Timer, and Word Of The Day.

NOTE: I hope what I've added is helpful...I'm new to this site and Andriod. I'm on the fast track in trying to learn what Andriod is all about and learn the capabilities of my new HTC EVO 3D...great communite!

These HUB items have all been in there for a while. I have been using a few of those for about a month now.

KnoxBNYC#AC

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
How much space does the Green Hornet use. On my phone is says 0.00B ?

Mine says the same in Settings, but on the SD card, in the ".data/HtcWatch/preload_movies/" directory, it says Green Hornet takes up 1.9GB.

That being said, I'm not certain that uninstalling as mentioned earlier will remove that file (2141_0_SonyPictures_GreenHornet_3D.eny) taking up almost 25% of your stock SD card!

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The software update for the HTC EVO 3D provides the following fixes and enhancements:
o
Device Lockscreen stuck in “half-state”
o
Ability to transfer all contacts over bluetooth
o
Birthday one day off between contacts and Facebook when synced
o
Random GPS coordinates issue – stuck in Taiwan
o
Lockscreen displays 3 digit temperature correctly
o
Spiderman demo lockups
o
Making additional preloaded apps un-installable by user.
o
Update to applications: Spiderman, Watch, Qik

SirRob94

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I think they removed the ability to turn off the click sound for the camera. :-(
Also the volume up/down zooms in & out for the camera. I don't remember if it was that way before.

It also appears to maybe have fixed the graphic issue that some widgets were having. Postit widget was displaying graphic fragments over it and stopped when I updated.

Last edited:

Symphony_of_Sickness

May 26, 2011
Visit site
man the camera sound thing totally sucks. i always have had it off. now they killed it. did they think we love hearing the camera making sounds as we take pictures? i am glad they did get around to a system upgrade though.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Good update! I was hoping that this update would make the new Android Market finally show up on my phone, but it didn't. Jeez, one of my customer had an Intercept, she had never been to the Market, clicked on it the first time, it was the old one, clicked on it again and the new one showed up! She traded that thing in for Photon, first time I fire up the market, it downloads the new one!

What's it take to entice my phone to download the new market??

SirRob94

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
man the camera sound thing totally sucks. i always have had it off. now they killed it. did they think we love hearing the camera making sounds as we take pictures? i am glad they did get around to a system upgrade though.
You are right it does suck. I recommend people submit an HTC request to fix this.

It appears they also fixed LED notification. Before I had trouble getting it to stop blinking. Now going in to view mail immediately turns it off.

whitehorse84

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Didn't read through the entire thread. Anyone else notice that the camera quality has greatly improved? On my end anyway and no more green hue!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463