Wierd connection problem - location specific

lallan

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, this will sound crazy, and the Sprint store reps all look at me crazy when I describe my problem.

I cannot make or receive phone calls from my phone at my office. Here are the parts that make it wierd:

1. This all started about 3 weeks ago, I used to be able to make and receive calls at my office.
2. The cell antenna is literally in our backyard about 600 feet away.
3. I have 4g connection and full bars on my phone at my office - I can use the internet from my phone at the office, just no phone calls.
4. My wifes Evo 3d makes and receives calls at my office.
5. As soon as I get a few blocks away I can start making and receiving calls again.
6. I can initiate a call away from my office, drive to my office while on the call, and the call works the entire time. Once I hang up, I cannot dial out again.
7. I've updated the PRL (though I have to do it away from my office), and I have done a hard reset.

Here is the error I get when trying to call from my office:
"Call origination attempt fails due to an immediate signal loss (signal fade or no service available)"

Here is the error i get when trying to update my PRL at my office:
"PRL could not be updated. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact Customer Service. Error code:1012"

I went to the Sprint corporate repair store. First it took about an hour to get someone believe me, (ie. look at the cell tower map and see its in my backyard). All they wanted to do was sell me insurance for my phone, and then swap the phone. I've had the phone since launch so its outside of the 30 return window.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this probelm? If I can't get this problem fixed is there a way to return the phone through HTC? If so how does that process work?

Thanks for help.

-Lance

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Lance,

they want to swap the phone for you, but you will need to spend the money for the insurance so they can do this for you. it's $8 per month and you should be able to cancel after you get a new phone if you don't want it.