HDMI (HML) adapter vs straight cable

3dkit

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys!

I have the EVO 3D and was wondering; told I need the HDMI (HML) adapter to connect my phone to a monitor or other device using HDMI. I travel in a motorhome so I don't have WiFi, needed for DLNA. Anyway I also see cables with mini usb connections on one end and an HDMI connection on the other for much less $ than the HML adapter. So the question is must I have the adapter or will the conversion cable work just as well? hTC reps couldn't't give me a knowledgeable answer. Will the cable length (needed even with the adapter) have a bearing on performance?

Related: is there another way to connect to a tv or monitor, using DLNA, besides using Sprint Hotspot for an extra $30 a month? I just want to connect my phone to a monitor (tv) or printer but told I must have wifi to use DLNA.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
You must have the MHL adapter. It is only an HDMI port via the MHL protocol which requires the MHL adapter.

Yes, you need WiFi in order to utilize the DLNA feature of the phone. Most motorhomes have network cabling. You can get a WiFi Router/Switch to create a WiFi network in the space. Then when you connect to internet connection at the park you can use it via WiFi for your phone, laptop, etc.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to pay Sprint for what you are asking. I am not talking about rooting either.

Turn on the hot spot. It will let you share files between the devices on your network. It just won't allow the Evo 3d to share the internet connection.

3dkit

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Just tuned back in & saw your reply, McPlot. That, my friend, is really useful to know. Does it create a sort-of local WiFi within the motorhome? Also can I use, or do I even need to use, DLNA this way? I'm trying to figure out what accessories I need to be set & ready to go even when parked along the ocean with no hook-ups. Gonna try it right now

Again many thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12