Sprint Official Known Issues and Investigations for the HTC Evo3D

exile

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Sam kim that's happened to me over the weekend. I had to pull the battery to restart. however, everytime it restarted the samething just ended up happening. waiting didn't do anything either.

Ended up doing a factory reset. Turn off the phone, then hold the volume down rocker and power at the sametime. it'll bring you into the system menu.

Sucks, but that's the only solution, at least it was for me.

Sent from HTC Evo 3D using tapatalk

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sprint Official Known Issues and Investigations for the HTC E

I had to do the same thing Sunday night. the phone just froze on me and then it reboot then got stuck at the sprint logo so I just did a factory reset.

boe

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

So you're saying dropped calls, poor signal lock and garbled voice quality aren't known issues?

unixpsycho

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site

Yes, they would definitely be issues if my phone had them.

My EVO 3D has this problem. I drop calls everywhere. my old EVO 4G never did in the same locations. Sometimes I think it's the other person's cell phone, until I ask and find out it's a landline.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

My EVO 3D has this problem. I drop calls everywhere. my old EVO 4G never did in the same locations. Sometimes I think it's the other person's cell phone, until I ask and find out it's a landline.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a lot of droped calls with your evo3d.
this is sadly a clear sign that the phone is broken and needs to have something fixed on it....I'm quite sure that your radios firmware or more likely, your hardware is defective. convincing sprint past your 30 days that it's borked may be another matter. they will not want to just add a new chip to your phone just yet.

while I sympithize with boe in that he not only tried 3 phones but from different states too, that poor guy desirves a free new phone of choice IMHO and if it were me, I would push sprint hard for a SGS2 FOR FREE.
yet no, droped calls and poor quality signal and such is not a known issue. a known issue is like what most, if not all photons had when it first came out.

while I agree that hTc may need to get their act together and test more phones to help with quality control, sadly, this happens with all phones in all makes and models. but a broken phone is not and should not be used in a way to make it sound like all the evo3d phones are just like a broken phone.
when the SGS2 phones come out in a few hours I'm sure there will be some people who are going to get broken phones. what that ratio is as compared the the hTc EVO3D in broken phones is anyones guess. but there will be some that are defective in one way or another. it's the reality that is cell phones and the market.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Lol, landlines cut people off too. Was talking to a DirecTV rep a few days ago and got cut off. She called me back and apologized because their phone system was having problems.

I can honestly say that I have had no problems whatsoever with my EVO 3D. If I did I would not have hesitated to return it.

unixpsycho

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site

Lol, landlines cut people off too. Was talking to a DirecTV rep a few days ago and got cut off. She called me back and apologized because their phone system was having problems.

I can honestly say that I have had no problems whatsoever with my EVO 3D. If I did I would not have hesitated to return it.

Of course landlines can disconnect. I was referring to a crappy sounding phone call. I should have made myself more clear, and this isnt a one time thing.

And this isnt my 1st EVO 3D, this is my 2nd.

I'm sure all the picking on people and saying they are full of ****e when they complain about bad reception and such is fun and all, but some of us actually know what we're talking about. :)

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm sure all the picking on people and saying they are full of ****e when they complain about bad reception and such is fun and all, but some of us actually know what we're talking about. :)

no one here is saying that you are not having problems with your phone(s).
all we are saying is that this is not normal. sad, but not normal. now if you want to try and convince us that this is normal and typical, then you have a lot to prove to us people who are not having the probplems that you are. because thankfully, the ones with fully working phones are the vast majority when it comes to the evo3d.

Reactions: CarrieK

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

no one here is saying that you are not having problems with your phone(s).
all we are saying is that this is not normal. sad, but not normal. now if you want to try and convince us that this is normal and typical, then you have a lot to prove to us people who are not having the probplems that you are. because thankfully, the ones with fully working phones are the vast majority when it comes to the evo3d.

Agreed. No one is minimizing your opinion or experience. At the same time, please do not discount the options of those of us who have problem-free EVO 3D devices. I had the EVO 4G and other Android devices so I know what a quality phone is. I am not "settling" for an inferior product.

jsorryman

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I too am on my 2nd EVO. First one kept locking up/freezing. This one works fine, but I am having the apparently common problem of the GPS widget not working since the last update. Any fix for this in sight, folks?

JLang

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I own a HTC EVO 3D. Yesterday, my phone powered down due to lack of battery power. After plugging it in to charge last night, I then powered the phone up. The screen was black and remained that way throughout start up. I can hear the phone receiving notifications shortly after it powers up, and the bottom buttons light up, but can't get much else out of it. I hooked the phone up via USB cable to my computer, and all my documents and such are still there, so the phone seems to be working in that regard. After a far from pleasant experience this morning dealing with a great person at Radio Shack, (don't invest in their service plan, the company that handles it wanted $100 and a week and a half just to start with, after paying a purchase price for the plan as well as 16 monthly fees). I am wondering is the screen toast, are there any cheap alternatives? We only plan on staying with Sprint until March, mainly because our service isn't as stellar as it was before we moved out of state.

Thank You,
Joe

Patrick Maier

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
The phone was working fine at 1am. Got up at 4 to a black screen and a phone that wouldn't turn on until plugged in. please offer possible remedies. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol