10-02-2011 01:00 PM
84 123 ...
tools
    On a previous post i made of this new update, somebody posted there having problems with the HTC GPS widget not being able to turn on or off the gps. So I
    tried it myself and found that their is a bug, and in my case trying to turn on or off made Sense force close.
    **A simple work around is to use the stock Android power control widget or switch it from the notification bar in the Quick Settings

UPDATE(FIX) :So I was looking around and found the app for the Sprint corp 4G using App Monster(https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result) and uninstalled to see if it would fix the issue and did a reboot and everything worked again!!!! The GPS widget and mobile internet widget are working for me!!! Looks like that corp 4g widget was causing problems.... For now everything is working great, no damage happened.

***OF COURSE DO IT AT OWN DISCRETION. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT HAPPENS. DO NOT BLAME ME IF IT DOESN'T WORK.***

SUGGESTION: You can use App Monster to backup that app just in case something happens and wish to reinstall it.

UPDATE #2: ok so after I uninstalled the Sprint corp 4G app/widget and everything was working great I decide to reinstall it again to see if the issue came again....
    After reinstalling it everything was good!!!!
    Looks like there's a problem installing it, and MAYBE that's why not everybody is having the problem.

-->Edit: Added Market Link to AppMonster

*NEW UPDATE #3 (Sep/03)-> NOTE: so I just turned off my 3VO(with Fast Boot unchecked), left it off for a few minutes and once I turned it on the GPS and mobile internet widget bug was back!!!! Just to let everybody know.
    Sent from my HTC EVO 3D!!!
    stashu11, wernd and speedtouch like this.
    08-26-2011 06:42 PM
    Wow, same case here. Wonder what caused that...
    08-26-2011 07:07 PM
    Wow, same case here. Wonder what caused that...
    I'm asking myself that. Probably a conflict with one of the things that were updated.

08-26-2011 07:13 PM
    My gps is working fine after the update. Just tested it out on Sprint telenav program.

Sadly, bar code scanner or Google goggles just gives me a black screen and needs to be first closed.

sent with lazer beams using my EVO3D
    08-26-2011 07:22 PM
    My gps is working fine after the update. Just tested it out on Sprint telenav program.

Sadly, bar code scanner or Google goggles just gives me a black screen and needs to be first closed.

sent with lazer beams using my EVO3D
    I'm not talking about any app, I'm talking about HTC's GPS widget:

08-26-2011 07:26 PM
    The widget forces Sense to reboot for me. I can use the Elixir widget, but that now takes me to the GPS Settings where I have to check/uncheck manually and answer a stupid question every time. Quick Settings is the best solution for me at this time.
    08-26-2011 07:33 PM
    I'm not having that issue here. For what it's worth.
    08-26-2011 07:35 PM
    The widget forces Sense to reboot for me. I can use the Elixir widget, but that now takes me to the GPS Settings where I have to check/uncheck manually and answer a stupid question every time. Quick Settings is the best solution for me at this time.
    Well like I said on top, you can use the stock power control widget: (the one on the top)

Or the one on the notification bar:

Both of them worked for me without causing Sense to force close.
    08-26-2011 07:37 PM
    I'm not having that issue here. For what it's worth.
    Did you install the update that appeared today?

08-26-2011 07:39 PM
    I'm not talking about any app, I'm talking about HTC's GPS widget:

maybe I wasn't clear. the hTc GPS widget is fully working for me and has been tested using sprint's telenav program. again, the GPS widget fully works for me. I have NO gps issues at this time.

now on the other hand, bar code and goggles both give me a black screen and is unable to function since this update.
    Etowntec likes this.
    08-26-2011 08:33 PM
    maybe I wasn't clear. the hTc GPS widget is fully working for me and has been tested using sprint's telenav program. again, the GPS widget fully works for me. I have NO gps issues at this time.

now on the other hand, bar code and goggles both give me a black screen and is unable to function since this update.
    Well good to know that the widget works for you. As for me, the GPS per say is working great and locates me, and both barcode scanner( I presume) and google goggles IS working for me. The only thing that's wrong is that the HTC widget that's specific to GPS doesn't turn it on or off, instead Sense force closes.

08-26-2011 08:48 PM
    My HTC GPS widget is working fine...
    08-26-2011 09:04 PM
    oh, man, now I know why my bar code and goggles don't work...my camera wont work now after the update.

would a factory reset get rid of all my updates? after all, I manualy updated this. or will all my updates stay intact afterwards?
    08-26-2011 09:13 PM
    oh, man, now I know why my bar code and goggles don't work...my camera wont work now after the update.

would a factory reset get rid of all my updates? after all, I manualy updated this. or will all my updates stay intact afterwards?
    I believe even if you factory reset the same firmware will stay...but who knows???, maybe if by doing that it fixes it..

08-26-2011 09:17 PM
    I believe even if you factory reset the same firmware will stay...but who knows???, maybe if by doing that it fixes it..

I gata try. can't go without a camera regardless that I almost never use it.
    08-26-2011 09:21 PM
    Well if you're good with setting everything up again than go for it....it can't get any worse than this, but if utter does, take it Sprint

08-26-2011 09:23 PM
    Well if you're good with setting everything up again than go for it....it can't get any worse than this, but if utter does, take it Sprint

yeah, that is if sprint will even be around after Irene hits me. lol
    08-26-2011 09:27 PM
    yeah, that is if sprint will even be around after Irene hits me. lol
    Wow, good luck with that.

08-26-2011 09:47 PM
    Ok is there anyone that has tried to find a fix?...the only thing I can say is what I said before, a simple work around with stock widget or the settings in the notification bar....I also tried turning it off and pulling the battery out to see if it those something, but no luck. Wish I don't have to factory reset it....

08-26-2011 09:51 PM
    When you do the factory reset, please report if everything turns out ok, both with the camera and the GPS widget.

08-26-2011 09:57 PM
    After the update my GPS widget causes the phone to reboot as well, although turning it on in the Quick Settings Tab works fine.
    08-26-2011 10:06 PM
    After the update my GPS widget causes the phone to reboot as well, although turning it on in the Quick Settings Tab works fine.
    Yes, and also using the stock Android power control widget.

08-26-2011 10:12 PM
    Just tried out the GPS widget and it does cause a reboot, but not a full reboot. The HTC screen shows up and it is like it is just refreshing the final loading stages. I guess we will have another update soon. I usually use the Quick Settings anyways.
    08-26-2011 10:25 PM
    Ok so around 3/8 people that posted here don't have this issue, while the rest do....mmmmmm there must be something in common with the phones that have the issue.

08-26-2011 10:42 PM
    factory reset solved everything. yes, it does reset the updates/firmware to when you get it in the begining.

sorry for the hijack,just wanted you all to know what happened.
    08-26-2011 10:45 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD