nextjeter2

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey my phone was working then all the sudden turned off and now it won't turn on and I can't get anything to happen do I have any options?

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi! This may sound kind of obvious but I know you are new to the phone and I don't know what you have tried so please forgive me. Is there any notification light on at all? Are you sure you haven't run down your charge? Try leaving it on the charger for a while without bothering it, then pull the battery. Leave it out for a minute or so, then put it back in, then hold the power button down.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey any help is appreciated! But yes I tried both and no luck it is so weird

So when it is plugged into the charger is there a light at all? If there is a light (red or green) then that means it isn't completely dead, but there could be a screen issue. If there is no light then it could be that you have a bad battery or your charging cord could be bad. Also, I recall the first time I had to turn my phone back on I thought my phone was dead. I kept pressing the power button and nothing happened. My husband ended up getting it turned on for me...turns out I wasn't pushing the power button hard enough (which he teased me about, of course ;) )

If a battery pull didn't work or you have no notification lights at all, you may need to go ahead and take it to the Sprint store and get it checked out.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Every once in awhile when I nudge around battery and press power it will light up htc then turn back off but it is rare

Hmmm, sounds like for some reason it went completely dead. Are you getting a charge at all? I am leaning toward the battery or charger being the culprit. Not enough juice to get the phone going. If you have another charger to try, do that. If that doesn't work, take it to the Sprint store and get them to run diagnostics on it and try a different battery.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok it's not the charger so I guess it's the battery

Yeah, someone else may have some other ideas but I'm leaning toward battery, especially since the screen flashed. If the screen were bad you wouldn't get anything. Best to take it to Sprint and let them check everything out.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
reason #772 to purchase phones through Best Buy...Sprint MAY give you a different phone on the spot if it's not the battery...and Best Buy WILL give you a new phone if it's under warranty.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
reason #772 to purchase phones through Best Buy...Sprint MAY give you a different phone on the spot if it's not the battery...and Best Buy WILL give you a new phone if it's under warranty.

You mean *IF* you purchase Bestbuy's extended warranty - without it, they will not even look at you after their return period (30 days?)

Edit: Oh, and even if you did get their extended warranty, they do not have to replace the phone... they can repair it up to 4 times for the same issue - and if they still can't fix it, you can then ask for a "comparable" replacement (doesn't have to be new - may be refurbished/repaired whatever. It may be an EVO 4G replacement for your broken EVO 3D since it is 'comparable' as far as they are concerned)

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/global/pcontent/gs/btp/BTP_Mobile Phones.pdf?h=488

And read their fine print: "You may be charged a diagnosis fee to determine the cause of the product failure. If it is determined that the cause of the product failure is covered under either the manufacturer’s warranty or the plan’s terms and conditions, the diagnosis fee will be refunded to you. Repairs or replacements will be performed at our discretion by a Best Buy service center or authorized third party service provider"

Last edited:

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
did you take the plastic off of the battery? When this phone came out some people got their phone to turn on then it started shutting off or not turning on. This was an issue because the phone ships with the battery installed but with protective plastic over the contacts.

sent to you in three dimensions

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36