12-28-2015 08:02 AM
37 12
tools
    Can someone clarify for me: is the camera sound ALWAYS on and can never be turned off, or is it influenced by the phones overall volume, i.e., turning the phone to silent also turns off the camera sound?

On the Motorola Photon, even turning the phone to silent doesn't kills (or even lower) the camera shutter. Motorola is saying this is a Sprint thing, and if it's true for the Evo 3D then maybe it's indeed true.
    09-01-2011 09:38 AM
    Why can't it just be that the shutter sound is annoying and unnecessary?
    Thank you. It's just annoying, even when It's just me and scenery I hate to hear it.
    09-01-2011 09:40 AM
    I use Silentsnap, it is an app in the market and it makes your shutter silent when you open your camera through that app. It will also put your phone on silent, but that is an easy fix.
    Thanks....Silent Snap works perfect on my EVO 3D.
    dotsin likes this.
    09-01-2011 05:15 PM
    I have a version of HTC camera that's from a stock (deodexed) 2.3.4 rom that I have removed all the camera sounds from. You can DL it here

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

you need to be rooted and either copy it to system/app (make sure you wipe cache first, I wiped cache before and after pushing just to be safe) with root explorer or use adb
    09-07-2011 02:52 AM
    Thank you. It's just annoying, even when It's just me and scenery I hate to hear it.
    Yes. It's nothing to do with being a perv or taking pictures of babies/animals, it's just cheesy. The shutter sound on a real camera is the sound of actual physical parts working. There's no need for it on a cell phone. Luckily, I turned mine off the first day I had the phone, so mine is thankfully stuck in the off position.
    09-07-2011 06:22 AM
    I just reset my camera settings and ran into this, simple fix really, put the ringer profile into silent, not vibrate, and viola, no shutter sound!!!
    09-07-2011 10:09 AM
    Here is the link so that you can send a request for removal of the click in the next service release.
    I just sent one.

HTC Mobile Phones - Customer Service - E-mail Support
    cosmos0001 likes this.
    09-07-2011 01:10 PM
    #@$! I wish I saw this thread first. Yesterday I hit the restore setting and have shutter and zoom sound. Ps I'm not a perv more of a battery Nazi. Help is there ant news on this?
    02-01-2012 09:50 AM
    #@$!

Dear cozmos0001

Thank you for contacting HTC coz.

We are sorry to hear that your shutter and zoom sound are not turning off. We will be happy to shed some light on this subject.

With the new update, by design, customers are now unable to turn off the shutter or zoom sound on their devices.

We do have a suggestion for customers who wish to turn off this sound. If you turn your phone to silent it should stop these sound effects.

With regards to battery usage, sounds have little to no bearing on battery levels.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you coz. Keep in mind that we are here to answer any technical questions or concerns you may have between 6am to 1am EDST, 7 days a week for your convenience, or by phone at 1-866-449-8358.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

At least we wrote back,

Bianca

HTC

Has anyone taken this issue any futher? why was this necessary? who is brave enough to tackle this one?
    02-01-2012 06:05 PM
    I have removed all camera sounds. What I did was, take the default camera app off my phone, take it to my computer and delete all sounds from the camera app. then i pasted it back into the directory where my default camera app was (/system/app/)

here is a link to download the apk that i am using and i know it for sure works. I uploaded this my self.
    HTCCamera - Download - 4shared
    cosmos0001 and d00nald like this.
    04-24-2013 11:24 PM
    Just install silent camera! Easy fix...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.SilentCamera
    01-12-2014 02:36 PM
    trend? you mean brainwashing sheeple into believing this is a reasonable "privacy concern."
    12-28-2015 08:02 AM
37 12