Netflix Streaming Video Out

SpaceCracker

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to stream Netflix to a Tv through a video out cord using your 3g or 4g signal or is it wifi only?

My only source of internet is my aircard which has limits, my phone on the other hand is unlimited so this would be great for me if it works.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure how the video out works but streaming over 3g and 4G is a definite yes. Also, if you choose to root, you can use the tether app to tether the WiFi to your computer if you like... And then watch netflix that way...

EDIT: Actually I think the cord is called an HDMI cord. Lol. Available at the sprint store I suppose?

SpaceCracker

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. All this time I could have been doing it :( I ordered a cord just now!

I would root if there was an easy root like Unrevoked had with the Evo 4g. I am not sure I could figure it out the other way. I was mess something up.

exile

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I had this same question last week and have been playing around with this all weekend; since I came back home for the weekend from school.

Yes you need an mhl adapter. I got mine off amazon, brand name is accel. Its pretty sweet. I don't think I have to set up internet or cable in my apt at school for my last year. Just watch everything on my TV. My phone turned into my TV/internet replacement.

I just connect my phone to the tv, browse around online and do everything watching the TV/monitor. Definitely recommend it.

Sent from HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I was watching NetFlix on my EVO 3D last night using the MHL adapter.
The odd thing is i forgot i turned off my WiFi so i was using 3G. I watched a whole movie and didnt notice any problems. I also ran a speed test and noticed i had about 1.5 down a few hours after watchign the movie so thank you Sprint for having 1 tower near me work well. Most of the time i get between 200 and 700k Down.

FYI, MHL is supposed to be an industry standard. So no matter who makes the adapter its supposed to work just like others. But we all know some manufacturers might want to cut corners.
The one i use came from a local T-Mobile store. 20 bucks with a half off code brought it down to 9.99 plus tax. I am happy. Works great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz