SwiftKey X Question for the E3D

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So I have the Swiftkey X keyboard! and I LOVE IT!

Just one problem...

While I type in landscape mode I have to hit send "Done" Then "Send"...

Is there away to get rid of that "Done" button? I just wanna tap send. I know there is prolly an easy way around this I just have not been able to figure it out and its bugging me. Anyone have any clue? Thanks in advanced!

PS. I am currently using the stock messaging app!

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Only thing I can see to do is to hit the back key so that the keyboard drops revealing the send key.

Not an issue for me because I don't use the stock messaging app.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Only thing I can see to do is to hit the back key so that the keyboard drops revealing the send key.

Not an issue for me because I don't use the stock messaging app.

I could do that. I dont see a point to it my self. What app do you use? Is there a way to make the "enter" key to just send the message rather than space down?

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I could do that. I dont see a point to it my self. What app do you use? Is there a way to make the "enter" key to just send the message rather than space down?

I use GoSMS Pro. It's configurable for the enter key as you mention. I haven't found the same setting in the stock app. But even without the setting, GoSMS Pro doesn't have the problem with the Done button.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I am using GoSMS Pro as well at the moment with SwiftKey X and do not have that issue as well. I used Handcent for a while and don't recall having it with that either, although as they say, memory goes with age so I could be wrong on that count! ;)

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I am using GoSMS Pro as well at the moment with SwiftKey X and do not have that issue as well. I used Handcent for a while and don't recall having it with that either, although as they say, memory goes with age so I could be wrong on that count! ;)

Just checked. (I still have Handcent installed.) It doesn't have the problem either. Must be a problem limited to the stock messaging app.

Reactions: CarrieK