phone is plugged in but not charging. light is on

Nicole Morrow1

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
My phone says it's charging but it's not I had it plugged in all night it jumped from 8 percent to 6 percent then when I woke up it was 2 percent and now it's dead help please

Alex Teejay Music

May 20, 2015
Visit site
hi, i use a tecno p9 ipad mini.. it only charges when put off, it doesnt read a USB cable connected to a lapttop or any device when on and after being charge when off, it heats so much ending up going on a low battery. pliz help. thanx

antony sosa

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
i had this problem for days when my charger went missing, i tried everything. i finally found my charger (the adapter) but got no luck, it only solved when i found the original usb cable and used the original charger, the status of battery was finally "charging" instead of not charging while the power source was connected. hope this helps someone. i know it sounds a little basic but i really tried every cable i had ( which were working fine with my phones and modems) and they did not work!

Tarundeep Singh

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
for the past 2 days while charging the phone, i notcied that the battery level is not charging up. the light is on, the phone says it is charging, but the battery level is not increasing. it is actually dropping while plugged in.

when this first happened, i left the phone plugged in overnight and when i woke up, there was a prompt on the screen saying the phone had receovered from some error and asked me to send the error log to google. i sent it.

but right now its doing the same thing. the phone is plugged in, light is on, it says its charging, but its not.

anyone duplicating this problem? i am most likely taking it to sprint tomorrow for this.

Billmorgan199

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Remove back and unplug battery then replace battery and back, Turn on phone and it will show 100% charge.
I have had to do in twice since I bought the phone last week.
:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair