This is a weird issue. I'm running SMS Backup + and use it to backup and restore texts when flashing new versions of my favorite rom.

I went to do a restore and it only restored a handful of texts, saying the majority of the texts were duplicates.

Where are texts stored on the phone? I want to either delete them or make the phone see them.

Any help would be appreciated. Out of 4000+ texts, only 500 or so are restoring.

thanks
    09-12-2011 02:35 PM
    I thought SMS Backup + stored the back ups in your Gmail. I used to use that app, then I switched to GO SMS Pro which has a built in back up function (stores on your SD card).
    09-12-2011 03:07 PM
    I thought SMS Backup + stored the back ups in your Gmail. I used to use that app, then I switched to GO SMS Pro which has a built in back up function (stores on your SD card).
    They are backed up in Gmail. The issue is when I do a restore from SMS+, it tells me that all of the emails it just restored are duplicates.

That would imply that the app is finding those texts already in the memory of my phone. I'd need to either remove from my phone and let the app restore them, or get the phone to find all of the texts.

All was cool until the last time I flashed an update to a ROM.
    09-12-2011 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD