Confirmed, we have the worst still camera...

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Not rooted yet. What custom Apps are you running?

I put a link to the camera in the post above. I am also using a version of the HTC music player with Beats Audio. I'll see if I still have the link...may have to Google it.

Have you taken all software updates? If so, you will have to unlock your bootloader using HTC rather than Revolutionary. You can read all about it in the Rooting section. I don't know much about HTC's method because I used Revolutionary, but there are a lot of people who post in there who do know and would be glad to help.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
lacks color? then set your saturation to +1, problem solved.

Not true, for some reason the 3D just doesn't seem to be able to produce the same color gamut as say a Nexus S or Galaxy Touch. I am taking about vivid, bright, resplendent colors. The 3D colors seem dark, dry, almost close to grayscale - they just don't pop -almost like not enough light is getting in. Look at the photos in the Nexus X gallery and it will become obvious as to what I am talking about.

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
This thread is funny. OP posts actual proof that the Evo 3D has a lower quality camera (note that I didn't say BAD, I said lower quality) than most current smartphones, and the forum blows up. Does the Evo 3D take decent pictures? Yes, but only in certain circumstances. Smartphones are supposed to be the kind of phone that you have on you 24/7 and therefore used in that split-second moment where you don't have time for adjusting settings. And what about that green tint thing? Where are the settings to fix that? HTC had to release an OTA update a month and a half later that fixed it for some, but for many like myself still had the blasted green tint issue, something that you couldn't fix with any settings on the phone.

Indoors and low lighting for many are conditions in which many people take pictures with their smart phones. It's not unreasonable for someone to expect that their camera perform better in conditions where they take pictures the most often in. It's also infuriating when other cameras are much more well-rounded in terms of quality conditions when this phone is supposed to be one of the best phones released to date. The Evo 3D has beastly internals only to be short-handed with a lower quality camera that was supposed to be the main selling point for the phone. Someone post some good quality indoor, lowlighting pictures and I might change my mind.

I switched to the Epic 4g Touch and the quality is noticeable. Hardly any graininess, colors are crisp and clear. I loved the Evo but I can't stand the lag and camera quality.

Him for President...lol. Dude, I could not have put it better myself. I have an Epic Touch and the camera is exceptional. I have no clue how to change the settings because for a quick point and shoot, the stock setting are awesome. I haven't the slightest inkling why some people work so hard to defend overwhelming shortfalls on behalf of manufacturers. Perhaps better software will solve the issue but the point IS that the CURRENT SOFTWARE is inadequate and provides a subpar experience for those of us expecting better. HTC made sure that they put excellent software on the Sensation and My Touch 4G so I don't know what that says about the priority of the 3d's camera.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Not true, for some reason the 3D just doesn't seem to be able to produce the same color gamut as say a Nexus S or Galaxy Touch. I am taking about vivid, bright, resplendent colors. The 3D colors seem dark, dry, almost close to grayscale - they just don't pop -almost like not enough light is getting in. Look at the photos in the Nexus X gallery and it will become obvious as to what I am talking about.

based on the tests listed and the fact that I have and use the EVO3D, my findings stand. you have been hyped to belive otherwise. I myself will use the camera and will be happy. if others want to blame the camera and not the person using it, then I have nothing else to say. not even Carrie's nexus photo listed as compared to in this thread is beyond anything the evo3d can do. they are just cell phone cameras. just, just, just cell phone cameras...and that means that they all suck.

(man I wish they didn't condence the epic 4g touch photos with all the other SGS2 photos, as there was even this one guy on there that said that his "photo" was not shot on default settings, and the auto settings on that phone sucked. (I would love to find that photo/reply in that web of darkness right now to show you.))

Reactions: CarrieK

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I may just be in a rare mood, but I don't understand why people who have supposedly moved on to something better continue to come on here and criticize the EVO 3D and those of us who are satisfied with it. It is fine for people to have their opinions but why keep coming back and giving us PSAs? I mean, are they trying to convince us to change devices or what? If one has found something they like better, fantastic! We should be happy with our choice of devices. To keep coming back to insinuate those of us who like the EVO 3D do not know what is good is really getting old.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Also, this may be completely OT, but for the benefit of those who say the EVO 3D has a horrible radio : Right now I'm at Standing Stone State Park in BFE and I am getting service on my EVO 3D. I am posting from it right now, and no, there is no WiFi out here. Unfortunately, my NS4G does not pick up a 3G signal. While it can make calls, no web access.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Also, this may be completely OT, but for the benefit of those who say the EVO 3D has a horrible radio : Right now I'm at Standing Stone State Park in BFE and I am getting service on my EVO 3D. I am posting from it right now, and no, there is no WiFi out here. Unfortunately, my NS4G does not pick up a 3G signal. While it can make calls, no web access.

Pics or it didn't happen!! :p j/k............................................................................Have a great weekend. :D

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
OK wiley, here are your pics ;)

This is where we are:

IMAG0684.jpg

This is my phone on this website using 3G.

2011-10-15_08-26-50.jpg

Last edited:

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Lol my husband says I should have been a lawyer because I am skilled in the art of arguing (I call it debate) :p and have to be right all the time! ;) I knew you were kidding... It's a long-standing joke. Just had to do it!