add to existing contacts list is incomplete

AaronP82

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I'm new to the Android world, this may be an easy fix that I just haven't found yet, but a little help would go a long way. I have an EVO 3D. Basically, a friend emailed me their phone number. I have a ton of her contact info already, and it all shows up in my 'people' list. However, when I click on the number from the email and try 'add to existing contacts' the list of contacts that shows up seems to only be the contacts I've added since I got the phone, and my gmail information. It doesn't seem to include any info from my yahoo mail account OR facebook, so I can't choose my friend as the contact.

I know this is fairly convoluted, but basically the contact list that pops up in 'add to existing contacts' is not the same contact list that shows up in 'people' and I would like it to be.

Help?

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
im not sure you can add a contact through the phone other then phone or gmail contacts. design flaw i guess. someone can correct me if im wrong. what you could do is create a gmail contact for them and link them and itll show up as one contact

AaronP82

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
im not sure you can add a contact through the phone other then phone or gmail contacts. design flaw i guess. someone can correct me if im wrong. what you could do is create a gmail contact for them and link them and itll show up as one contact

Jeez. If that's true it's a HUGE design flaw. Adding a phone number to an existing contact is a BASIC function of a smartphone. In today's smartphone world one of the chief operations of the phone is to link all your accounts together and this phone makes you jump through a bunch of hoops to get there? I can't believe that's true, there's got to be some little box I haven't checked somewhere.

Anyone?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I didn't run into this problem yet, but you still can edit any contact in your people folder/app. so it's not that huge of a deal.

AaronP82

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I didn't run into this problem yet, but you still can edit any contact in your people folder/app. so it's not that huge of a deal.

I think it is. I mean, not because I can't add a phone number to someone's contact info. But it should be smooth and easy. Why have the option of adding to an already existing contact if you're not going to list all the contacts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463