11-27-2011 07:19 PM
40 12
tools
    With Sprints announcement of LTE, will this rollout be Advanced LTE, or what is out know. Also, what standard or type of LTE wil it be? Any thoughts?
    10-07-2011 09:18 PM
    All I know is investors are running away. I want Sprint to succeed and give the big two a run!
    10-07-2011 09:28 PM
    sprint is in a good position .clearwire which makes wimax announce it to will do l t e .so sprint will have light squared and clear wire.

advanced l t e is even faster than verizon l t e

using voice command don't feel like typing , or cracking the mistakes the voice command is doing .
    10-11-2011 02:40 PM
    I hope they go with Advanced LTE considering it's really the only True 4G technology. And they could rub that it the other carriers faces
    10-11-2011 03:08 PM
    They need to fix their 3G before thinking about LTE. Their 3G is so slow, it's embarrassing in most areas.
    10-11-2011 06:25 PM
    With Sprints announcement of LTE, will this rollout be Advanced LTE, or what is out know. Also, what standard or type of LTE wil it be? Any thoughts?
    I don't remember what the exact term was but I do remember reading that Sprint's upcoming LTE is the same flavor as Verizon's LTE but different than the LTE Clearwire has chosen to go with.
    10-11-2011 06:33 PM
    Yes they need to fix the 3G coverage. In most states it is in a sad state. I am hoping they do better. I'd love to stay with Sprint!
    dfine1966 likes this.
    10-11-2011 08:35 PM
    advanced l t e is even faster than verizon l t e
    I don't think it matters. Sprint will throttle it.
    dfine1966 likes this.
    10-12-2011 11:03 AM
    I don't think it matters. Sprint will throttle it.
    Sprint doesn't throttle data speed!
    10-13-2011 03:52 AM
    What they said! It's sprints new marketing scheme! And i for one love it!

Rocking the HTC EVO 3D
    10-13-2011 11:52 AM
    Nope! No throttling...at least not yet! Right now I am noticing a lot of improvement in 3G speeds and 4G reception. If they keep improving like this and keep everything unlimited, then I'm in! The minute they start throttling I will definitely check out Verizon. I really do hope Sprint keeps their plans the way they are, though, because I have been very happy with them during the 9 years I've been with them.
    DKatman likes this.
    10-13-2011 12:00 PM
    Yeah I've just joined Sprint from Verizon in July. I love it! The value is awesome. I try to convert all of my friends lol. Sure the service isn't as great as Verizon's but for me, 90% of the time I notice no difference. I truly hope the keep unlimited but in all honesty its highly unlikely. Not much a matter of if, but of when. With continued advancements of technology though I think eventually towers will be able to handle much more traffic & hopefully we'll see a return of unlimited unthrottled data plans .
    10-13-2011 08:13 PM
    Maybe not intentionally, but their service is so bad here in Phoenix, it actually is.
    I typically get .3-.4 down and no 4G.
    10-14-2011 03:03 PM
    Before the LTE can they PLEASE fix their 3G
    10-15-2011 08:43 PM
    I'm hearing that LTE will be here much sooner than we think. This comes from my ubiquitous clandestine informants. LTE an 3G improvements will start appearing by the end of the year.
    10-20-2011 06:34 PM
    I'm hearing that LTE will be here much sooner than we think. This comes from my ubiquitous clandestine informants. LTE an 3G improvements will start appearing by the end of the year.
    Thank gawd for UCIs!! lol ltm loltm
    10-20-2011 08:54 PM
    Any word about Sprint ending unlimited internet?
    10-22-2011 08:10 AM
    I don't remember what the exact term was but I do remember reading that Sprint's upcoming LTE is the same flavor as Verizon's LTE but different than the LTE Clearwire has chosen to go with.
    Sprints will be FDD LTE, clear is investigating using TDD LTE.
    10-22-2011 08:17 AM
    I hope they go with Advanced LTE considering it's really the only True 4G technology. And they could rub that it the other carriers faces
    There is no true definition of 4G. The ITU defined IMT-Advanced, which a bunch of bloggers and news organizations took to calling 4G. The ITU itself only admits that people refer to IMT-Advanced as 4G, they're not themselves trying to define what 4G is.

Read the actual ITU specifications and press releases, not what bloggers say about them.
    10-22-2011 08:21 AM
    I think only clear has the spectrum available to make LTE-Advanced worthwhile (that is, upwards of 50 MHz)
    10-22-2011 08:27 AM
    Any word about Sprint ending unlimited internet?
    They arnt gonna eliminate it, they are stand alone when it comes to unlimited and they are gonna keep it that way. Especially with the iPhone being on sprint now, people will switch over just to have the iphone unlimited data, sprint is putting limits on hotspot and tethering tho try to get rid of some bandwith hogs, that alone should help with data speeds,

Shot from my shooter in 3D
    injected with cleanrom2.7
    10-22-2011 11:57 AM
    LTE can't get here soon enough...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    10-22-2011 09:04 PM
    Too far off for me to stress. I just wish they would turn on the 4G towers in my area that they have been testing all year. However, I am very curious about the upcoming LTE options from each manufacturer.
    10-23-2011 01:11 PM
    They arnt gonna eliminate it, they are stand alone when it comes to unlimited and they are gonna keep it that way. Especially with the iPhone being on sprint now, people will switch over just to have the iphone unlimited data, sprint is putting limits on hotspot and tethering tho try to get rid of some bandwith hogs, that alone should help with data speeds,

Shot from my shooter in 3D
    injected with cleanrom2.7
    LMAO, are you listening to yourself? Do you actually believe that sprint won't eliminate unlimited data? I can assure you that its only a matter of time before they do and to be quite frank I wouldn't be surprised if by this time next year that unlimited data won't be available any more. Sprint can't compete with unlimited data and lower prices, I mean look at them now, it hasn't gotten them any where. They need to beef up their network and thats all there is to it and the only way to come up with enough capital to do so is through raising prices or significantly cut costs and thats what they are doing now. Look at verizon, expensive as hell but look at how good their 3g network is and look at how insanely fast they are expanding LTE markets. Verizon has done this by showing their customers the value of what they are getting, thats why they can charge higher prices. What people need to understand is that in most cases price is not the first choice when making a purchase decision its value. Value is not the same as price and thats why verizon is kicking everyone else's asses.
    10-24-2011 06:59 AM
    LMAO, are you listening to yourself? Do you actually believe that sprint won't eliminate unlimited data? I can assure you that its only a matter of time before they do and to be quite frank I wouldn't be surprised if by this time next year that unlimited data won't be available any more. Sprint can't compete with unlimited data and lower prices, I mean look at them now, it hasn't gotten them any where. They need to beef up their network and thats all there is to it and the only way to come up with enough capital to do so is through raising prices or significantly cut costs and thats what they are doing now. Look at verizon, expensive as hell but look at how good their 3g network is and look at how insanely fast they are expanding LTE markets. Verizon has done this by showing their customers the value of what they are getting, thats why they can charge higher prices. What people need to understand is that in most cases price is not the first choice when making a purchase decision its value. Value is not the same as price and thats why verizon is kicking everyone else's asses.
    'price is not the first choice'? Since when? According to who? Price is usually the biggest concern in my experience and at this point nobody but sprint really knows how long they will keep unlimited data plans to but seeing how it's one of their main selling points right now I'm sure it won't be no time soon
    10-24-2011 07:41 AM
40 12