EVO 3d Screen freezing issues

agraceffa

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I don't post here much but wanted to get your input on a problem I'm having. Simply, my screen is doing crazy things these days but I can't determine why.

-Phone dialer won't let me select a contact directly, I have to select the first couple of letters then select the contact.
-Random screen freeze/non response. Usually turning the screen off/on with the power button fixes it.
-Randomly, buttons are not selectable or the phone bugs out and decides to make 2-3 selections on its own.
-Makes random calls and then I can't end the calls because the screen is not functional. I have to pull the battery to stop it. Not something I like to do.
-Browser, facebook app, etc jump around while trying to scroll or navigate. Random zooms on the screen.

I didn't a factory reset on the device but its still doing it. All this seemed to happen after the recent security update but I can't entirely be sure. As its hard to replicate, how do I go about bringing it to Sprint's attention? Suggestions welcome...

Thanks

fab107

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if this is due to the security update, but recently I have also had on two separate occasions, the screen going non-responsive on me and freezing up. I re-started the phone and it seemed to solve the issue each time. I wonder if others have only experienced these issues since the security update as prior to the update I had not experienced any issues at all.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Power your phone off > Remove the back cover > Pull the battery for about 30 seconds > Place battery back into your phone > Place the back cover back onto your phone > Press the power button for the phone to turn back on...

This may fix your issue. Sounds stupid but it just might! Its worth a shot. If this does NOT fix it then it sounds like a trip to the Sprint store if you ask me. You have a 1 year warranty. So your most likely fine without having to spend a dime. Unless there is damage caused by you. (Guessing that is not the case just saying...)

Good luck with your E3D!

HootieMacMN

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if this is due to the security update, but recently I have also had on two separate occasions, the screen going non-responsive on me and freezing up. I re-started the phone and it seemed to solve the issue each time. I wonder if others have only experienced these issues since the security update as prior to the update I had not experienced any issues at all.

Had this issue a number of times ever since getting the phone and was very frustrated, until someone mentioned that simply pulling down the notification bar and then sliding it back up fixes the issue. Works like a charm, so much faster than restarting. Not an actual "fix" for the issue, but a quick way to resolve it when it happens.

agraceffa

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. did the battery pull and it seemed to work for a few hours. Then it started doing it again last night and through the day today. Its really frustrating to say the least. Even just picking a number to dial from the contact list is a real chore. I think I'm in for a trip to the Sprint store this evening. Its gonna be tricky since its not easily replicated (pretty random from what I can tell) but hopefully they'll be understanding.

LOUI3

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
had the same issues it was a bad digitizer, replaced it a few days ago and its been working fine...ordered mine for 50 bucks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol