Bad Battery

majedkassis

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I got my EVO 3D from my sister, who got it as an insurance replacement for her original EVO. They gave her an off-brand battery instead of an official HTC one. This one is advertised as having 1800mAH, so I assumed it would be better. Wrong.

This one lasts about 7 hours if I barely use my phone.

My question is, I'm pretty sure I don't have the $8 insurance on this phone because I didn't buy it from Sprint. However, if I did, would Sprint be able to give me a different battery that's an HTC official one?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure no one covers batteries. Then again I could be wrong. May wanna check with the Sprint CS by dialing *2 from your Sprint phone. (If your not rooted)

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity what steps have you done to try to improve battery life?
Did you hard reset the device when you got it. Perform the necessary updates?
Have you let the battery run completely down to calibrate the battery?
I will agree that not all aftermarket batteries are up to par with OEM, but since your trying to make due with the cards you were dealt i figured why not see if you have taken any steps to make it work any better.

nikkisharif

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
That sucks!!! I just got my 3D as a replacement too but it was brand new in the box.

I agree with IAmSixNine...you may have to do some tweaking in order to get great battery life. It took me about a week to get my phone to where it lasts a little over a day & that suits me just fine.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I actually re-calibrated my battery last night on my 3D after testing out the Epic Touch for about a month.
My battery life today was way better.
FYI, i let my device run down to the point where it shuts its self down. While its off, plug in the home charger, wait for the LED to go Green. (i usually wait an hour or two after that just to make sure) Then i turn the unit ON while the charger is still attached. It will go red, then green after a little while as it tops its self off. This is a good way to calibrate your battery.
At least its worked for me on the EVO 4G, EVO 3D, Epic 4G and Epic Touch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci