How long does it take your EVO 3D to reboot?

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When I first got my phone it took under a minute after about a week it started taking close to 10 minutes. I had to get a replacement phone recently and the new one is now taking just as long. Powering off with fast boot enabled it takes about 8 seconds but doing a complete restart it takes forever. Any ideas?

gonk24

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The issue of slow booting is something I don't get. How often are people rebooting their phone? The only time mine gets restarted is if I'm installing a new ROM version or a file from zip. Its fairly rare. So if it has to sit there for a few minutes and reboot, it doesn't bother me

onesie13

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
im not sure if its a gross exaggeration or theres something seriously wrong with your phone(s) because mine on slow boot is probably about a 1minute. I haven't timed it myself but its no where near 10 minutes.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm saddened by this development. I thought I had gotten away from slow boots. My phone with fastboot off takes at least 5 minutes. 5 #%$$%#$ minutes?!?!?! WTF HTC...sigh

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Have Fast Boot enabled on my phone. Held down power button and hit "Restart". 3minutes 38 seconds later, I can use phone. I've noticed mine was always slow too. *shrug*

speedtouch

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
The issue of slow booting is something I don't get. How often are people rebooting their phone? The only time mine gets restarted is if I'm installing a new ROM version or a file from zip. Its fairly rare. So if it has to sit there for a few minutes and reboot, it doesn't bother me

I have to reboot mine every day or every other day. I frequently have to take my phone in and out of airplane mode due to the nature of my work. It commonly is unable to get data access going again after going out of airplane mode. I can see the 3G icon, and it's flashing like it's transferring data, but the phone definitely does not have Internet access. That's really my big gripe about the EVO 3D, its inability to consistently get data rolling again once airplane mode is turned off. A long reboot cures the data problem every time.

As far as rebooting goes, I suspect it takes anywhere from 1.5 to 3 minutes or so. A shutdown then startup is far, far faster.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I have to quite often to swap batteries or it just randomly reboots. This has been the case on all 4 EVO 3Ds I have owned.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
im not sure if its a gross exaggeration or theres something seriously wrong with your phone(s) because mine on slow boot is probably about a 1minute. I haven't timed it myself but its no where near 10 minutes.

I never timed it when I posted but it seemed at least 10 minutes. Someone told me that clearing the cache helps and is the reason why. So I cleared my cache and timed it. 7 minutes both times I tried it. This is my 4th 3D and for the first week it's about a minute or less then after that at least 7. Been the same on all 4

onesie13

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I never timed it when I posted but it seemed at least 10 minutes. Someone told me that clearing the cache helps and is the reason why. So I cleared my cache and timed it. 7 minutes both times I tried it. This is my 4th 3D and for the first week it's about a minute or less then after that at least 7. Been the same on all 4

Are you rooted? if so what rom are you using?

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
its based on how many apps you have installed(atleast it is for me). i had about 600mb left and it took over 2 mins to reboot, cleared some apps and im up to 800+mb and it takes just under 1 min to reboot.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
its based on how many apps you have installed(atleast it is for me). i had about 600mb left and it took over 2 mins to reboot, cleared some apps and im up to 800+mb and it takes just under 1 min to reboot.

You know, that really does make sense. Like people who have tons of stuff on their computers. Lol, I have seen pc's that do literally take 10 minutes to boot!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I power off my device daily or every other day. I do it to keep the unit refreshed.
I have fast boot turned off and once its completely off, i wait a few minutes. Press the power button and mine is usually on in 3-5 minutes.
Stock Rom with latest carrier updates. Not Rooted.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
You know, that really does make sense. Like people who have tons of stuff on their computers. Lol, I have seen pc's that do literally take 10 minutes to boot!

if people were smart, they would "Defrag" their hard drives at least once a month or so. this will then line everything up nice on the HD and thus have quicker boot ups.
but you're right, having a ton of programs and stuff also turn on durring boot up can and will take forever to start up...so people, turn off all them programs that start up at boot up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463