Visual voicemail update - finally.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Just reset my E3D. Not a big deal, except I have to forward all of my voicemail messages to my email so I don't lose them. Everything else is no biggee. Too bad there wasn't a simple way to just save my messages directly to my SD card...

What's this!?!? Once I hard-reset the phone I see an update for my Sprint Visual voicemail?? And now I can save voicemail directly to my SD card? That's fantastic. Thanks for being a little late, Sprint.

The new version is T.5.2.0.24. I tried to update this manually yesterday but nothing was available. So I just forwarded everything. I thought it was my bad luck. But I just tried to manually update my wife's phone and it shows no update available. Not sure how to get it at this point, but it is out there. I'll update this later after I have a chance to call Sprint. Either way, this is a nice little update.

UPDATE: According to Sprint tech support, this version of the VVM was released at the end of June. Why it wasn't pushed to the phone he couldn't say, but I have been running stock from day one with no rooting at all. Hell, I haven't even side-loaded the new Marketplace yet! Anyway - good luck to everyone getting it. Makes the phone that much better, Sense 3.0 and all. For what it's worth, this isn't a regular firmware or HTC update - you have to access the VM app > Menu > More > Settings > scroll down to Check for Updates Now start saving your EVO 3D voicemail to your SD card! I have friends with the Epic, the Photon and the Epic Touch, and other lower end phones and they have no update available to them... yet. Be the first on your block to be awesome!

Last edited:

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
It's sitting there, but I find myself wary of it. Would like to see a few more reports of everything being a-ok before I do it.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
It's sitting there, but I find myself wary of it. Would like to see a few more reports of everything being a-ok before I do it.

No problems with it at all so far. One other nice feature that's been added: a DELETED folder. You can recover an inadvertantly deleted VM. Just tap the top of the screen where it says "Inbox" and you get a dropdown menu showing you your Inbox, Outbox, Deleted and SD card. This really is a fantastic update. Kudos to Sprint and SmithMicro for the update. BOO to Sprint for not telling us about it or pushing it to the device.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Update does not work for me. It downloads but then says "Sorry there was a problem installing the update. Installation Failed" Doesn't bother me really since sticking with YouMail but the constant update notifications are annoying

Rooted and never upgraded to Gingerbread (and dont want to) also I use YouMail for my voice mails anyway.

Sooo. here is the question, what do i need to do to get it to STOP notifying me of the update?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could help. I only got the notification once. But I'm not rooted and I decided to install it when I saw it, since it's exactly what I was waiting for. I assume that you have already cleared the data and the cache and tried to install again. If you're on a custom ROM then your best bet is to ask the developer. It may be Gingerbread-specific. I've heard that it was included with the last update a few days ago. Maybe Sprint just assumes at this point that everyone has updated to GB so they rolled the VVM update out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12