If You Knew Then What You Know Now,Would You Still Buy The EVO3D?

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering how many people here love their EVO3D? Would you still buy the phone if you had it to do over again? I personally love my EVO3D and don't want any other device. Well maybe I would have purchased another WebOS phone if Sprint had gotten one, but I wouldn't have purchased any other Android phone. The EVO3D has so many cool features that other Android phones don't have, the 3D being the best feature.

So how many people here would purchase a different phone, if you could go back in time and stop yourself from purchasing the EVO3D, and how many would stick with the EVO3D?

Posted Using My Sprint HTC EVO3D Using Tapatalk -

onesie13

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: If You Knew Then What You Know Now,Would You Still Buy The EV

Since i only paid about $30 for an upgrade to the 3D I'd still get it. Now if the G-nex came out on sprint, that might be a different story. Before upgrading to this i really contemplated making a frankenstein pre2 but ultimately decided to give android a try.

Reactions: the2ndflood

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Since i only paid about $30 for an upgrade to the 3D I'd still get it. Now if the G-nex came out on sprint, that might be a different story. Before upgrading to this i really contemplated making a frankenstein pre2 but ultimately decided to give android a try.

Yeah I also thought about making a Franken Pre 2, but decided that it wouldn't be worth it; so I went with the EVO3D instead. The only thing that I regret with buying the EVO3D, was that I had to renew my contact and ending up getting a $350 early termination fee put in place. I wish I would have just purchased the phone off of Ebay, because $350 is a whole lot of money for an ETF. But all the carriers are now placing that type of fee on smart-devices. Verizon was he first, but now its common place. So I would re-buy the EVO3D in a heartbeat, but I wouldn't have purchased it directly from Sprint.
If I really felt like leaving Sprint though, which I don't want to leave Sprint. But if I did end up feeling like that, I would either tell Sprint that I was moving and find a location with no Sprint service, or I would set my phone to roam-only and roam onto Verizon's network until Sprint contacted me, telling me that I was roaming too much and that they would need to turn my service off; which would release me from my contract. So the ETF fee isn't the end of the world, but I would rather not be under it.

droidlife4life

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I also thought about making a Franken Pre 2, but decided that it wouldn't be worth it; so I went with the EVO3D instead. The only thing that I regret with buying the EVO3D, was that I had to renew my contact and ending up getting a $350 early termination fee put in place. I wish I would have just purchased the phone off of Ebay, because $350 is a whole lot of money for an ETF. But all the carriers are now placing that type of fee on smart-devices. Verizon was he first, but now its common place. So I would re-buy the EVO3D in a heartbeat, but I wouldn't have purchased it directly from Sprint.
If I really felt like leaving Sprint though, which I don't want to leave Sprint. But if I did end up feeling like that, I would either tell Sprint that I was moving and find a location with no Sprint service, or I would set my phone to roam-only and roam onto Verizon's network until Sprint contacted me, telling me that I was roaming too much and that they would need to turn my service off; which would release me from my contract. So the ETF fee isn't the end of the world, but I would rather not be under it.

Re-Re!!!

Brianadfl

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I like my phone but if I new the date the galaxy s2 came out I might have waited. Mainly for the popularity of it ie: roms, cases, etc.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk Pro.

M3wThr33

Jun 1, 2011
planetmew.com

Without a doubt.

In the last few months, I also got the Thrill 4G, and the Galaxy S II and my wife got the Photon.

I love the 3D, and the Thrill 4G is really slow, still on Froyo, and the S II took forever. I needed a new phone and I still love it.

Jc3

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

yep, i would maybe consider the design... but would probably end up going 3D just because i think it looks better. i haven't touched 3D content since day one.

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
I would not have bought it. I just couldn't wait for a perpetual sg2 rumored date while my Pre couldn't hold out much longer.

Is it a bad phone? No. I just would rather trade 3D for a lighter phone. And a little peeved at HTC. And underestimated how long an asop ROM would be, heh.

And I wouldn't necessarily go sg2 either, it's a big phone. The nexus fits perfectly for me, but single core and half a gig of ram scared me off for a two year run. I still kinda want it, ha.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

After having an Android device for about 8 months now I dont know where I woild stand. I came from WebOS and loved the platform. I mean as it stands I would have to move on. I dont wanna pay $650+ for a Pre3. I got my Evo 3D for $50 the month it came out. Calling Sprint seemed to have worked!

My likes for Android:

Great customized UI options. (Any Launcher or ROMs are nice)
Being able to setup new default apps. (SMS, Email, Keyboards and so on.)
Having access to 48648646864868 apps on the app market.
Amazon app store and others! (Without having to hack your device)
ROM support for the Evo 3D is great!
The way it feels in the hand and build quality seems pretty solid!

What I dont like...

It needs a 1Gig of RAM to run... (They need to optimize the software a lot better.)
Game support is sorta weak. (Does not run as well as some other phones it seems)
Carrousel affect with Sense. (Its way to annoying but thank god for rooting.)
Captive buttons. (I'd rather have gestures!)
Needs better mutli-tasking. Switching between apps is just a pain in the @ss at the moment. But I can deal with it for now.

So I mean for what its worth I have enjoyed my HTC device. Would I buy it again? If it was an Android phone, sure why not! I like HTC and they have my support. They have done a pretty good job IMO. Some annoying things on the way but you will have that with any device I think. It's just all matter of opinion of what you wanna deal with is really what you need to ask your self!

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

Tough call. I like my EVO3D, but it's been bogging down and lagging a little bit lately. I'll probably root and flash a custom ROM over the holiday week -- maybe CleanROM. What makes it even tougher is that my wife and daughter both recently upgraded to the E4GT, and it is one beautiful phone with a great camera and call/speaker quality.

I think ICS is ultimately going to be the driver for whether I stay with the 3D or go to the E4GT (or wait for an ICS flagship phone to drop for Sprint). The good thing with Android is that there are multiple good choices out there.

Reactions: the2ndflood

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Tough call. I like my EVO3D, but it's been bogging down and lagging a little bit lately. I'll probably root and flash a custom ROM over the holiday week -- maybe CleanROM. What makes it even tougher is that my wife and daughter both recently upgraded to the E4GT, and it is one beautiful phone with a great camera and call/speaker quality.

I think ICS is ultimately going to be the driver for whether I stay with the 3D or go to the E4GT (or wait for an ICS flagship phone to drop for Sprint). The good thing with Android is that there are multiple good choices out there.

Please let me know how your Root goes. I would like to know if Rooting is worth doing to an EVO3D or not.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Yes, I still would have gotten mine. I have not has a single problem and really enjoy the MHL. Just played some NFS Shift on the big screen with my son and it was so much fun! ;)

Reactions: warpdrive

IcerC

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

I would have gotten a Nexus S. I never liked sense and have come to hate the slow camera.
Whole phone is lagging more these days too.

(though it was run over by a truck, doubt the nexus could take that as well)

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Yes, I still would have gotten mine. I have not has a single problem and really enjoy the MHL. Just played some NFS Shift on the big screen with my son and it was so much fun! ;)

that's a game that I still don't have. maybe I'll try it soon.

I will say that I love my phone. I don't think that a new phone at this time is worth it for me. I also don't have any issues at all. running full stock and loving it.

I don't understand such threads.
almost everyone of you have read or seen a video of this phone in action before even going to the store to buy it. then tested it out once at the store...at least that is what I did.
so when I read that someone doesn't like a feature or something with the phone ( something silly like a widget or what ever), I wonder, didn't they check out the phone first? why buy something that they don't like?
if you don't like that sence uses 1gig of memory, why did you buy the phone? with all the info on the interwebz, how was this somehow a suprise to you? does it even hurt that it does? because my games run great on my stock phone.

perplexed :confused:

derek5l

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

I'd do it again. But 3D is most definitely a gimmick. Would rather have had Beats Audio and NFC

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

If I knew what I know now - I would have gotten this phone the day it came out. (by any means necessary). I'm sticking with HTC sense. Motorola and Samsung kick rocks.

axne123

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Phones are hot right now. No doubt I love trying out new phones.... But for me the 3vo was the best phone available, and a more than capable device:)

Sent using HTC Evo 3d Swype.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

that's a game that I still don't have. maybe I'll try it soon.

I will say that I love my phone. I don't think that a new phone at this time is worth it for me. I also don't have any issues at all. running full stock and loving it.

I don't understand such threads.
almost everyone of you have read or seen a video of this phone in action before even going to the store to buy it. then tested it out once at the store...at least that is what I did.
so when I read that someone doesn't like a feature or something with the phone ( something silly like a widget or what ever), I wonder, didn't they check out the phone first? why buy something that they don't like?
if you don't like that sence uses 1gig of memory, why did you buy the phone? with all the info on the interwebz, how was this somehow a suprise to you? does it even hurt that it does? because my games run great on my stock phone.

perplexed :confused:

Some people were coming from a POS webos device and this was the best option at the time. That doesn't mean it is the best option now, hence the OP's question.

Faint

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

I don't regret the phone, I regret the Sprint service though :(

It's been so slow I can't even stream music, speed test of 0.01 ftl.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463