OMG...I think I destroyed my camera...

Replaced the digitizer today (went better than expected) and I noticed that when I pulled the ribbon cable out for the rear camera (which I realize now I didn't have too) and when I did there was like a small black piece of tape/thin plastic on the ribbon that came off...can't get it back on, just too small...impossible...

Put the whole phone back together and now only ONE of the two cameras on the back work...luckily the camera that works it the "main" camera for 2D video recording and 2D picture taking but the 2nd camera is just black (can tell by shutting one eye).

So I'm guessing that seeing as how one camera works the cable is fine...but I'm guessing that little black piece that came out with the ribbon somehow seperated the channels or something?

I don't know, if anyone here has any idea what happened or if you can fix it, that would be awesome! Thanks!

P.S. - The 3D screen still works fine and I've reset my phone/tried different ROMS, etc...most definitely a hardware issue for sure...just before anyone asks.
    01-07-2012 03:07 PM
    Hi im a actually a Sprint Tech at a corparate store and have just recently took my evo 3d apart as part of my training. i can tell you that you most likely just failed to seat the ribbon cable in the clamp that holds it to the board. just go back and un attach it and you can use a bit of isopropyl to clean up the contacts if you want. anyway just re-seat it all and you should be golden. most of the time all you need to do is check your contacts when things like that happen. oh and make sure your grounded when working with your phone
    01-07-2012 08:16 PM
    Hey thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I have tried all the above...it really has something to do with this piece of tape/plastic that came on the ribbon/out of the slot.

Not to sound cocky, but I am a rather adapt geek and am very good with small electronics.

I am rather certain, well 100% sure, that this piece of plastic some how separated connections our something as only one camera works...

If you could consult what ever manuals you have or even detailed schematics of the camera port you'd find what I'm talking about. I'm sure considering it's part if the phone it has to be mention somewhere.

Also important to mention is that this little piece had very tiny holes in it...wish I still had to picture but it's fallen into the carpet never to return! :-p

Thanks and hope someone can be of some help!
    01-08-2012 01:22 AM
    200 looks and no solutions...guess I'm screwed?
    01-09-2012 02:03 AM
    Not a whole lot of people will know more than what a sprint tech told you. If you think his advice isn't helpful (and you can't get the piece, that you think is the problem, back on), well, the only other suggestion that I can make is to take it into a sprint store and ask them to fix it? Do you have TEP?

Sorry - no other ideas. Maybe other folks will have more useful suggestions.
    01-09-2012 08:20 AM
    Yeah I was gonna mention that (tep). If you don't have it. It will be 37.10 or so. Just don't mention you was..screwing with it. You'll get a referb phone. Or if your lucky and find a corporate store you'll get a harvested part.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    01-09-2012 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD