01-27-2012 06:34 PM
97 ... 234
tools
    Carrier IQ has been removed with this update.
    01-16-2012 12:00 PM
    Carrier IQ has been removed with this update.
    I hear ya,, not even 7 months yet Sent from oops sorry,, reply to wrong comment, my bad.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    01-16-2012 12:19 PM
    The EVO 3D was launched June 24th, 2011. How is that almost a year?
    Lol, maybe like the IRS...round up when it's above the halfway point
    01-16-2012 03:22 PM
    Lol, maybe like the IRS...round up when it's above the halfway point
    Haha! That works when you're talking about $1, but not when talking about product life cycles that are often measured in months instead of years. Talking about having a phone for a year when it's only been out for half that time? Really?

But the point is people tend to exaggerate when they're trying to justify a weak argument. Doing so just makes their argument even weaker because their credibility goes out the window.
    01-16-2012 03:40 PM
    I know when it launched, sometime in June/july I think. I don't know about the other person I got mine for free from a friend who works for HTC last Feb. Good to know people. So that's how I have had mine for almost a year!

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk.
    01-16-2012 05:47 PM
    I know when it launched, sometime in June/july I think. I don't know about the other person I got mine for free from a friend who works for HTC last Feb. Good to know people. So that's how I have had mine for almost a year!

Fair enough, in your case, but I take exception with the statement that it's been out "a long time". Some people may have been able to get their hands on it through special relationships with HTC, but the phone hasn't been out for a year as some are stating. It's been half that time.
    01-16-2012 05:58 PM
    I got the new software update but my android market is the same old one, how do you get the new market?
    01-16-2012 06:22 PM
    I got the new software update but my android market is the same old one, how do you get the new market?
    Go clear data and force close it. It will update itself shortly after that.
    01-16-2012 07:47 PM
    Go clear data and force close it. It will update itself shortly after that.
    Thanks, I'll try that.
    01-16-2012 08:20 PM
    YES! (I had hboot 1.4, I never apply OTA's!!!, and used the link in my video to get the update!)

Can I just take the one that comes up via the software update? Or do I need to do it the way you stated because I'm rooted?

01-16-2012 08:46 PM
    I take back what I said about no difference. Battery life does seem to have improved, at least on light usage days and overnight. Evidently "idle" is more idle than before.
    01-17-2012 07:54 AM
    I agree with the other comments about the update making the phone snappier and improving battery life on the margin. For me, the big thing was that my Mobile (3G) widget was working again after not working for a while. The only thing that was a hiccup was that Swiftkey X wasn't working properly, at least initially. After a little while, it is now working fine.
    01-17-2012 11:02 AM
    I got my update a few days ago but no new market. Then this morning I opened up the market to check for updates and the new market appeared. So, if you have yet to get it, I suspect it will come sooner rather than later.
    01-17-2012 12:49 PM
    anyone notice any bluetooth issues after this update???

I have a BlueAnt S4 and it was working perfectly before the update..... now, I turn it on and it initially connects to the phone, then disconnects a few seconds later..
    I have reset the phone, unpaired and paired, etc.. and it is not connecting as well as it did before the update... worked every time before the update, now it disconnects about 95- 98% of the time...

however once it actually DOES stay connected, it's good...
    also, if I walk away from the vehicle while the S4 is connected and I walk out of range, it will not reconnect when I get back to the vehicle.
    01-19-2012 02:23 PM
    anyone notice any bluetooth issues after this update???

I have a BlueAnt S4 and it was working perfectly before the update..... now, I turn it on and it initially connects to the phone, then disconnects a few seconds later..
    I have reset the phone, unpaired and paired, etc.. and it is not connecting as well as it did before the update... worked every time before the update, now it disconnects about 95- 98% of the time...

however once it actually DOES stay connected, it's good...
    also, if I walk away from the vehicle while the S4 is connected and I walk out of range, it will not reconnect when I get back to the vehicle.
    No new issues, but it's always been flakey with my Hyundai Elantra's bluetooth connection.

It's about 50/50 whether it will connect automatically or if I need to cycle bluetooth off and on again on the phone. About once every 30 connections, it will begin pairing, then the phone says the connection is lost (though the car still thinks it's connected), play about 4 seconds of whatever was queued in the music player, then the phone needs to be power cycled for bluetooth to reactivate.
    01-19-2012 02:39 PM
    If I'm rooted using HTC's method (HBoot 1.5), can I take the OTA, or do I have to use the DOS command on my computer?
    01-21-2012 06:50 PM
    After I installed this update, my set default home will not stay. Every time I hit the "home" key I get asked to choose which. It didn't bother me much the first couple of days, but now it is driving me insane. I am unrooted(Hboot 1.5)

Anyone else with this issue? Have you resolved??
    01-22-2012 12:12 AM
    Weather clock widget still not working properly. Anyone know how to fix this?
    01-22-2012 04:51 PM
    Found something cool that must have come with the update. In email app in the trash folder there is a button now to delete all at once without checking any boxes. That was not there before. I find that very useful.

EVO - LUTION 3D
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-22-2012 09:26 PM
    I noticed that the battery now goes to 100% when fully charged, rather than 98% or so.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
    01-23-2012 03:02 PM
    this phone is again and again repeating itself greatness. I am barely have any problems with my 3vo!

Sent using HTC Evo 3d Swype.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-23-2012 08:11 PM
    I got the alert to update today, and chose to update via wifi. But it says downloading and has been stuck at 0% for about 2 hrs. Is there a way to cancel the update and try it thru my data connection? I've tried battery pulls and everything, once the phone restarts it just goes back to where it left off at 0%. Or does someone have a link I can click on to download the update???
    01-27-2012 06:34 PM
97 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD