Power button issue?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So with my EVO I'm having an issue with the power button. When I press it sometimes my screen will turn on the right back off within on second. It seems to be getting worse. I do use the otter box defender case. Maybe It's the rubber? It still works for the most part but annoying...any advice?

Rocking the HTC EVO 3D

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Been having the same exact issue as well and its annoying as hell, I think its a hardware issue. I use a simple tpu case but I know its not the case since I took the case off as well as the battery cover and it still does it.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Its annoying. May have to bring it back to Sprint at some point. Only does it here and there. Just dont want it to get any worse. Guess I gotta wait for this winter storm to pass on by first!

Thanks for the reply!

Symphony_of_Sickness

May 26, 2011
Visit site
my wife's evo 3d has the same issue. the phone itself is fine for the power button but it's the outercase of the phone that is the issue. it's like the button on the casing doesn't quite hit the tiny button on the phone. it is frustating. i wonder if the case itself is replaceable.

axne123

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Otter boxes also cover up the phones antenna. So 4g, 3g, and wifi signal is much weaker. I exchanged my box for a rubberized case on Amazon.

Sent using HTC Evo 3d Swype.

TnA206

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I had that issue also took it in there was nothing they could do. But they let me in to a photon away no charge. Couldn't be happier the thing is just not good enough!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It could be the case I guess. I can hear the click though. Not to sure.

I would want a Photon. To me that would be a down grade. I like HTC devices personally.

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
my power button has issues too, I believe mine has to do with that update they did a while back that lets the power button+home key do a screenshot, seems like after I hold the power button to go to airplane mode or shutdown it takes a while

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I knew I wasn't the only one with this problem. You think they would let me get a nexus s 4g to replace it? I have already talked to sprint over the phone about this problem weeks ago, all they had me do is reset my phone but I wouldn't mind having a nexus until my contact is up in august

ccw1134

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm going with it being a software problem. I am pretty sure I didn't have this issue until the latest update to 2.17.651.5. The good thing about that is that it's fixable...eventually.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Any updates on this? it seems to be getting worse.

Nothing new from me. Mine still does it. Not any worse or any better. Still guessing its a software issue some where. Oh well maybe HTC will fix it one day...

Does yours still do it that bad? Where the bottom buttons light up but the screen never comes on fully? Second time always seems to work for me so far.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer