My phone has been acting very strange for several weeks now. I took it to Sprint and they ran some tests and said everything was fine from what they could tell and suggested a hard reset as the only other option.

Some examples of the problems are, screen freezes, screen shrinks then expands, screen responds as if I did hard press (trash can option etc.), highlighting text when I didn't try to, menu pops up for application I'm in (texting, pics, etc.) and so forth.

I guess I can follow the instructions on doing the hard reset but do I need to be concerned with my pics? Shouldn't they all be on the SD card? Would that remain unchanged?

If there is a post that answers my questions please feel free to direct me there.

Thanks for any help!
    01-15-2012 06:16 PM
    A hard rest could help your issue. As for your pics, they are safe. Anything you put on the SD card won't be touched.
    01-15-2012 06:29 PM
    If it doesn't work get a replacement phone

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    01-15-2012 06:33 PM
    Thank you! I went for it and so far so good. Just a PITA having to set all my preferences back up again. But not as much a pain as all the issues!
    01-15-2012 06:49 PM
    Well I did the hard reset and everything was fine for about a day or two. Same issues started up so I thought maybe it was my screen protector, so I took it off only to discover that was not the problem. So I wasted my screen protector. I don't know what else to do!

How do I get a replacement?
    01-27-2012 02:40 PM
    Well I did the hard reset and everything was fine for about a day or two. Same issues started up so I thought maybe it was my screen protector, so I took it off only to discover that was not the problem. So I wasted my screen protector. I don't know what else to do!

How do I get a replacement?
    You can call Sprint, talk to tech support and they can schedule another phone to be shipped to you through their Advanced Exchange department. They generally overnight them if you call early enough in the day. You can also take it to a Sprint Repair Center if you have one nearby. They will take it, keep it for an hour and try to fix it. Since it sounds like your digitizer is bad (the part of the screen that actually registers your touch) they won't be able to fix it and they will order you a replacement. The difference is that from the store, the replacement can take several days to get there and then you have to make another trip to the store and wait around until they get to you.
    01-27-2012 04:16 PM
    You can call Sprint, talk to tech support and they can schedule another phone to be shipped to you through their Advanced Exchange department. They generally overnight them if you call early enough in the day. You can also take it to a Sprint Repair Center if you have one nearby. They will take it, keep it for an hour and try to fix it. Since it sounds like your digitizer is bad (the part of the screen that actually registers your touch) they won't be able to fix it and they will order you a replacement. The difference is that from the store, the replacement can take several days to get there and then you have to make another trip to the store and wait around until they get to you.
    I HATE going to the store! I will do as you suggest and just call tech support. I have had one trip already and they did in fact keep the phone to run test and they could not find anything.
    01-27-2012 04:18 PM
    Make sure that you get tech support on the phone! Just going through the prompts won't get you tech - even though you think it has. Specifically ask for them and after you have discussed the issue with them make sure that you ask for the Advanced Exchange department. They are the ones that actually order and ship your replacement phone from Kansas. You may also be able to have them put a note in the system instructing the store to swap it out for you. If they can do that, they can also call the store directly and verify if they have any in stock, new or refurb'd, right now. If the store doesn't have any, you'll get it faster through Advanced Exchange, although I don't believe that they ship for Saturday delivery. Good luck!
    01-27-2012 04:24 PM
    Thank you! I will report back!!
    01-27-2012 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD