Viber and bluetooth

aviatordoc

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Got viber and am having issues with it connecting to my handsfree BT in my vehicle. It does NOT. The native phone app has no probs at all. I have enabled BT in viber settings but it will not go to hands free.
Also any, I mean ANY viber call will only work on speakerphone on my EVO3D. (when even not in a car)
What do I need to do?

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
This is an official representative of Viber Media.

We haven't thoroughly tested Viber on this specific device yet. You can check out our list of officially supported devices at: Can't download from Android market... | Viber Support

You may download Viber's next version which will come out soon, and see if it has been fixed.

We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices.

If you have any additional questions we'll be happy to answer :)

Viber team

aviatordoc

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
thanks, viberteam, i am going to delete and reinstall. Lets see if this fixes it. Will post back.
Otherwise it works well with all other functions working.:)

evam23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Got viber and am have issues with it connecting to my handsfree BT in my vehicle. It doesn't. Is anyone to help me out?
What do I need to do?
:':)'(

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Got viber and am have issues with it connecting to my handsfree BT in my vehicle. It doesn't. Is anyone to help me out?
What do I need to do?
:':)'(

Hi,
There currently is a known issue with Viber's integration on some BT devices on Android. We are aware of that, and trying to fix it. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience, and we recommend that you stay tuned for updates on Play Store for newer versions of Viber.

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The above message was sent on 2011 and still my blutooth does not work . please advice

Hi,

We are working on Bluetooth support in Viber these days.
We kindly ask you to report the problem and its details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details | Viber Support

With more info, our handling of the problem will hopefully speed up.

Thank you, and we apologize for the temporary inconvenience,
the Viber Team.

adkerremans

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I am Using Viber version 2.2.3 of sep 30, 2012 on a HTC Sensation XE.
How can I enable bluetooth in viber?
I don;t see any option for it.

Thanks

Hi,

We are working on Bluetooth support in Viber these days.
We kindly ask you to report the problem and its details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details | Viber Support

With more info, our handling of the problem will hopefully speed up.

Thank you, and we apologize for the temporary inconvenience,
the Viber Team.

Deepak Rumandla

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I am Using Viber version 2.2.3 downloaded just now on my Samsung gallery Tab 2.
I am also facing same trouble with my Samsung HM1200

Please do the needful ASAP as I don;t see any option for Bluetooth devices.

Thanks,
Deepak

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site
@adkerremans and @Deepak Rumandla -

Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Is your Android compatible with Viber (system requirements)?
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to attend to the problems with your device soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

shakeel Aziz

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue with HTC ONE with Viber software version 3.0 installed. It is impossible to get Viber connected thru my cars Bluetooth. Is it that the HTC ONE is not compatible or is their any changes to be made in the settings?.
Also the screen blacks out & is impossible to recover the screen.

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue with HTC ONE with Viber software version 3.0 installed. It is impossible to get Viber connected thru my cars Bluetooth. Is it that the HTC ONE is not compatible or is their any changes to be made in the settings?.
Also the screen blacks out & is impossible to recover the screen.

Thanks for the feedback!

About Bluetooth -

We are aware of the problem with Bluetooth on some devices, and we apologize for the temporary inconvenience caused. We plan to fix Viber's incompatibility with Bluetooth on those devices hopefully soon, and we will keep you posted once we have news.

About the screen blackouts -

We kindly ask that you take a minute and report the details of the problem to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

shakeel Aziz

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Many Thanks for the info & i have as advised sent an report concerning the screen Blackout . Further today i happened to use an App called Mobile VOIP & this app did functioned on my HTC ONE on BlueTooth in my car without any issues. Maybe you guys should have a look into this App, maybe it might help for you to eliminate the Bluetooth issue. just an idea as without BLUETooth functioning it is a pretty big safety risk.

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for submitting the ticket. We'll certainly look into it, and hopefully we have this issue resolved soon.

We apologize for the temporary inconvenience :/

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I cant get viber to ring through my Plantronic Voyager Legend BT Headset

We are aware of the problem with Bluetooth on some devices, and we apologize for the temporary inconvenience caused. We plan to fix Viber's incompatibility with Bluetooth on those devices hopefully soon, and we will keep you posted once we have news.

lenin419

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Viber not working on my bluetooth headset

Hi i a m using sony xperia x10i mobile, i am unable to answer or talk on viber using my bluetooth headset.
I am using sony SBH50 bluetooth stereo headset.

Can you suggest any solution or my problem?

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Hi i a m using sony xperia x10i mobile, i am unable to answer or talk on viber using my bluetooth headset.
I am using sony SBH50 bluetooth stereo headset.

Can you suggest any solution or my problem?

Note that not all Bluetooth devices are compatible with third-party applications (meaning, they might work with cellular calls, but not with applications).
However, we are aware of the problem with Bluetooth on some devices, and we apologize for the temporary inconvenience caused.We plan to fix Viber's incompatibility with Bluetooth on those devices hopefully soon, and we will keep you posted once we have news.

mashardy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Hello Viber team,
I have a Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx and when I installed the Viber app, it makes my bluetooth headset disconnect and transfer the call the the handset! In other words in the middle of my conversation I hear nothing, then when I put the handset to my ear I hear the other party! I Googled and found out that Viber causes this to happen to this model phone, and when I un-installed Viber everything was fine. I found out the problem was Viber by doing safe mode as suggested by people on the internet. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Ardy:)

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Hello Viber team,
I have a Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx and when I installed the Viber app, it makes my bluetooth headset disconnect and transfer the call the the handset! In other words in the middle of my conversation I hear nothing, then when I put the handset to my ear I hear the other party! I Googled and found out that Viber causes this to happen to this model phone, and when I un-installed Viber everything was fine. I found out the problem was Viber by doing safe mode as suggested by people on the internet. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Ardy:)

Hi Ardy,
Thanks for the report of the problem.

Is this a problem specific to Viber? in other words, are you getting the same behavior from other apps that have similar characteristics?

If it is unique to Viber, then we would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details

When you submit the ticket, in the line called: "Through which channel did you submit your initial inquiry", please make sure to choose "Technical Forum". With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante