Issue: Ringer volume automatically decreasing

matty3054

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I need some assistance with my Evo 3D. I keep my ringer volume just one notch below the loudest setting. But after receiving an incoming call, it automatically decreases down to VERY low. So then I move it back up to where I want. But after receiving a call, it goes back down again.

What is up with this? Anyone else experiencing this? Any resolutions to this issue?

Thanks!

Lilin28

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Have you looked under settings and made sure you don't have it set to decrease volume when the phone is picked up? Or is it staying down after the call?

Gracing your presence on my Evo 3D.

matty3054

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you looked under settings and made sure you don't have it set to decrease volume when the phone is picked up? Or is it staying down after the call?

Gracing your presence on my Evo 3D.

It rings at the volume I set. And then AFTER the call, when I check the volume, it's way down just one notch above silent.

So I raise it back up. Next call it rings at the volume I set, and then after the call, the volume is back down very low.

Rinse and repeat...

DreamMaster

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the same exact issue on one of my EVO 3d's. No sound modification apps either. My fiance doesn't want to do a restore of her phone to see if that resolves it, so she's just dealing with it for now.

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
i had the same problem. turned off quiet ring on pickup and it fixed it, didn't have the problem till latest ota

johnny--2k#AC

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
same thing here. It's at random times, will be at almost silent. I haven't run into it for a few days now, but it was doing it consistently for a couple of weeks until recently.

Gal7567

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
It's quite some time for this thread. Was there a fix found?
I am having the same problem on my new Galaxy S4. First ring loud and it decrease to almost silent. I re-adjust the volume and it does the same on the next call

Bhellsun

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Even I have the same problem in my samsung galaxy s3. This is how I was able to see this issue.
With ringer volume in full
1. Keep the phone locked
2. Let a call come in
3. Disconnect the call
4. Press the power button once
5. Press the power button
6. unlock screen
7. check the volume it would have decreased

I downloaded a app called volume control + and it solved the problem with a scheduler.
Looks like a bug in samsung software.

Last edited:

Michael Allen5

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
None of these fixes nor any of the apps in Play Store fixed this issue on my brand new Samsung Galaxy Note S3. I went to my service provider who first told me I was imagining it, then they attempted to change the Settings, then they finally told me this was a "Samsung Feature". I've only had my phone a month and I've been telling all my friends to avoid Samsung. I'm open to loading an app if there's one that will work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer