Call and Browse Web Simultanious App

dadda

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
yes there is a way but it will only work if you have 4G in your area by turning on your 4G service then surf the web and be on the phone at the same time. i does it all the time.

Reactions: cosmos0001

ay

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
The issue isn't hardware or software related, but rather the CDMA network that Sprint uses. It is limited to only voice or data at any given time. That being said, the reply regarding 4G is correct in stating that if you're connected to 4G you will be able to to be on a call and use data at the same time. The other way to achieve this is to be connected to a wifi network. If you're on wifi you will also be able to use the phone and use data at the same time.

Reactions: anon(415574)

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
This will only work if you're connected to a 4G network or WiFi. There is no app that will enable this on a 3G network.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
This will only work if you're connected to a 4G network or WiFi. There is no app that will enable this on a 3G network.

Not sure if this was in response to my statement - but both grooveIP and skype work over 3g (assuming you have good signal of course). And while using grooveIP or skype for the call, I am able to browse the web as well.

This is possible only because only data is being used (cellular connection is not being used). As you said, on 3g (CDMA current gen), you cannot use voice and data connection at the same time.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
@jsorryman - is your EVO 3D the CDMA version on sprint? or the GSM version?

AFAIK, the CDMA version will not let you browse the web on 3g while you are on a cellular call. Regardless of ROM, since it is a CDMA/Sprint limitation.

anon(415574)

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
The issue isn't hardware or software related, but rather the CDMA network that Sprint uses. It is limited to only voice or data at any given time. That being said, the reply regarding 4G is correct in stating that if you're connected to 4G you will be able to to be on a call and use data at the same time. The other way to achieve this is to be connected to a wifi network. If you're on wifi you will also be able to use the phone and use data at the same time.

this is what I was trying to say. Verizon non-lte has the same issue, ATT even put it in their iPhone commercial. It's not the phone It's the way the network works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae