Gmail goes haywire

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
This morning I woke up to check my gmail to only find out that if I open the app it goes haywire and starts to flicker and force close reopen over and over. Is this happening to anyone else and is it a virus or some type of bug? Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks.

bigbearclaw85

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
yes this is happening to me. started this morning also on my Droid Razr Maxx. My primary account is the only one that has this problem. My 2 secondary gmail accounts work just fine for some reason. strange. It just keeps trying to open over and over but never opens. Just flickers. I think Gmail messed up something.

grlla

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Big red - stock Droid X2 - same issue.

Since it's across multiple phone companies one can only assume it's on google's end.

Accessing gmail via goggle on the desktop appears fine.

I just spent an hour reconfiguring my google accts to forward to k9 app on my phone. Works fine as a temp workaround.

Cheers :cool:

TundraDome

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Received my new Razr Maxx yesterday. After 3 hours of setting it up and learning (coming from storm 2), gmail app went into full spasm - frozen at inbox message list and randomly flashing between black screen and the inbox Had to do a factory reset after all the standard fixes failed.

Last edited:

TundraDome

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Uninstalled the YouTube update and it's working just fine again

Interesting. The gmail spasm didn't happen until after I updated youtube and picassa gallery and a few other apps. Now that all is working, I have not updated any of the stock google apps that came pre-installed, but have downloaded 3 or 4 new apps and all is well so far.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk