No ICS leak yet?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm just surprised we haven't seen the leak yet. The guys over @ XDA and elsewhere usually get those things nice and early. And I have always believed that HTC likes the leaks, if not actually being the leader. It's like free beta testing. And whether you run the leaked ROM or not, we all get some info on the good and the bad.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree with HTC and sense UI being the main issue. So much is involved with sense and all its components, that I think is the real reason why we haven't got it. Personally I hate sense and I've removed it and I think my phone is far better without it. The ics roms over on xda are good but none of them have a working camera. I will update once one of the devs figure out how to fix that issue.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
i dont think its sense thats holding it up, the Rezound has a leak for months now with 2 or 3 updates for it. the 3d and Rezound are very close to the same device as far as hardware, sprints the holdup with adding all thier bloat..lol

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
It's amazing to me that all these manufacturers still feel the need to redo the UI with their customized UI (Sense, TouchWiz, MotoBlur, etc...). The stock ICS interface is so clean and has all the features that these other UI's have. So, what's the purpose?? The manufacturers should be focusing on the cool stuff that devs focus on, like overclocking, removing bloat ware, making the battery last longer, etc... instead of their lame a$$ UI skins. Don't get me wrong, I like customizing my UI as much as the next guy/girl, but don't make it the primary deliverable of your product. I would like for Sense (or any other UI skin/launcher) to be an optional add on, like launcher pro, so you can use it if you WANT to.

M3wThr33

Jun 1, 2011
planetmew.com
Tradition.
Remember, HTC drove a lot of the innovation of the 2.x builds of Android, especially with the keyboard.

They can't just drop it all at once, but Sense no longer does the backups.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to the 3d, but I thought HTC never announced the 3d will officially get ICS. If that's the case, then you're never going to see a leak because they're not working on it. Best you can hope for is a port of the Evo design to hopefully give you ICS and working 4g (no 3d camera support though- and it's a single core device- so would a ported rom from that work?)

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the 3d, but I thought HTC never announced the 3d will officially get ICS. If that's the case, then you're never going to see a leak because they're not working on it. Best you can hope for is a port of the Evo design to hopefully give you ICS and working 4g (no 3d camera support though- and it's a single core device- so would a ported rom from that work?)

HTC has officially said that the Evo 3D will get ICS. This is their ICS upgrade list:

• HTC Sensation
  • HTC Sensation 4G
  • HTC Sensation XE
  • HTC Sensation XL
  • HTC Rezound
  • HTC Vivid
  • HTC Amaze 4G
  • HTC EVO 3D
  • HTC EVO Design 4G
  • HTC Incredible S
  • HTC Desire S
  • HTC Desire HD

See link: http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-s...ch-updates-coming-march-adds-more-phones-list

Reactions: whippingboy

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

HTC announced a long time ago that the evo 3d was getting the update. Actually Feb. 9 was when they officially announced it.

EVO-LUTION 3D

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I stand corrected! Thanks for that.

Yay...(waves flag) so uh- yeah where's our leak? LOL.

If we get what the ATT Vivid gets I'd be very happy. Sprint and HTC have been good historically about updates - the Evo 4g was on of the 1st phones to get GB... I'm sure Sprint is baking in their amount of bloat and then testing 4g etc. I also think based on the late delivery of ICS for the Nexus S we may have to wait till the EVOLTE launch or pretty darn close to it before we see even a leak of ICS for the 3d.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
It probably means no official ics! It's pretty sad they would cancel one of there better phones but keep the optimus s in there inventory.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Stop your whinning we are getting ICS. Just because Sprint is no longer selling it on their website does not mean that all of a sudden we are not getting update. It's been confirmed for a long time now that evo 3d is getting ICS.

EVO - LUTION 3D

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm running zr3d gt 2.4 with the non ending arsenal of anthrax kernels, and honestly ics doesn't really matter anymore because this Rom is sick and this kernel is even sicker! And performance wise ics couldn't come close.

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm running zr3d gt 2.4 with the non ending arsenal of anthrax kernels, and honestly ics doesn't really matter anymore because this Rom is sick and this kernel is even sicker! And performance wise ics couldn't come close.

What is your battery life like now?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
It varies from kernel to kernel! The last test 1858 seems rather good on battery life. I usually can get between 9-12 hours at 1782 MHz on prior versions.

Last edited:

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Dodava's kernel is really a great all around kernel. My recommended kernel as of the moment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital