Help. Trying to sync exchange/pop3 calendars across devices".

bbigjohn

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
need help with calender. My Wife and I have been on BB for years and have now moved over to android. we have had our calenders synced for ever. now with the EVO 3d we can not send calender updates from our work emails (outlook) and or home emails that are pop3 (sbcglobal.net). we have been trying to find a app that would do this but cant find one. plus we work on a goverment instilation so we can not access the exchange server for our outlook mail. any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Last edited:

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: new to android need help.

I'm going to tell you the easiest solution, but you're not going to like it. (Sorry)

Switch to Google Calendar ... at least for your personal accounts. Seriously, everything is just easier when you submit to Google's will and use their services. And I must admit, their services are pretty d@*n good.

That being said. That doesn't help for your work email and you may not want to do it for home. That fine. I'm pretty sure there's a way to do it for you home email, but unfortuantely I don't know what it is. I trust someone smarter than me will chime in.

At work with a government exchange server, I think your best bet is to talk to the IT group at work. But my guess is they will tell you that Android isn't secure enough. Which I guess it true for anything you have off the shelf, but recently several government orgs have adopted a customized secured version of Android that they created for themselves. Although, that may not be relavant. I'm guessing that you're probably stuck at work.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: new to android need help.

If I could make one suggestion. The title of this post isn't very descriptive. It probably would have been good to summarize your issue. Maybe "Help. Trying to sync exchange/pop3 calendars across devices".

I'm not trying to be a d!*k about it, but the person who knows a lot about syncing calendars might not notice this post. Really just trying to help.

BTW, I forgot to say welcome to Android. I came from Blackberry about a year ago. There are a couple of things I miss, but the good FAR outweighs the bad. After some possible growing pains, you'll come to love Android. Promise.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
One more suggestion. On these Android Central forums there is a Blackberry forum. I've never really used it, but it's probably a good place to ask "I used to be able to do this on my Blackberry; how do I do it on my new Android" questions :)

It's near the bottom of the main page under: Other Forums > Other Gadgets & Cross Platform > Blackberry

Here's a direct link: http://forums.androidcentral.com/blackberry/

Last edited:

bbigjohn

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
ok i have the mail going were i want it . but now how do i snyc my calenders? i have been making all my changes to my calender at work and sending them to my BB through email. can this be done on android? i have not been able to figure this out.