how can i correctly charge my evo 3d?

dorian.ion

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys!

How can i fully charge my evo 3d?If i leave it charging for the night, i believe it goes to 100% at a certain moment, but when i take it out in the morning, it shows me 96% or something like that...please help me.Thanks!

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
take it off the charger at 100% its designed to discharge back down to 95% and start over so it doesnt over charge and destroy your battery

Reactions: dorian.ion

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Seems to be more of a problem with HTC phones but the way a phone charges is... it will charge to 100%... then drop down to about 97%... and then back up to 100% on a continuous cycle in order to protect the battery from overheating/charging. So there may be times when you pull the phone off the charger and it may be at 100% or sometimes it may be at 99, 98, 97.

One thing you can try is a bump charge and see if it helps... it doesn't have to be done everyday.. you can do it once a week... once a month, etc...

http://www.androidcentral.com/bump-charging-what-it-and-how-do-it

Reactions: dorian.ion

dorian.ion

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Seems to be more of a problem with HTC phones but the way a phone charges is... it will charge to 100%... then drop down to about 97%... and then back up to 100% on a continuous cycle in order to protect the battery from overheating/charging. So there may be times when you pull the phone off the charger and it may be at 100% or sometimes it may be at 99, 98, 97.

One thing you can try is a bump charge and see if it helps... it doesn't have to be done everyday.. you can do it once a week... once a month, etc...

http://www.androidcentral.com/bump-charging-what-it-and-how-do-it

ok, so if i do this, let's say, once a week, will this make my battery charging process better for the whole next week, or just until the next recharge?because on the tutorial from the link, it says it should be done whenever you truly want a full battery...

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Quote from the Bump Charging article:
"So, if you want to ensure that you are starting your day out with truly 100% battery life, follow the simple steps above, but you will unfortunately have to do this each and every time the device needs to be charged."

Honestly, I think you're getting caught up in numbers unnecessarily. The difference between 100% charge and 95% charge isn't significant. Do you really need that extra 5% to make it through the day? My guess is no. Don't stress over it. You are correctly charging your phone. All android phones do this. They are supposed to. If the light is green, then it's charged. Use it and enjoy it. ;)

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Quote from the Bump Charging article:
"So, if you want to ensure that you are starting your day out with truly 100% battery life, follow the simple steps above, but you will unfortunately have to do this each and every time the device needs to be charged."

Honestly, I think you're getting caught up in numbers unnecessarily. The difference between 100% charge and 95% charge isn't significant. Do you really need that extra 5% to make it through the day? My guess is no. Don't stress over it. You are correctly charging your phone. All android phones do this. They are supposed to. If the light is green, then it's charged. Use it and enjoy it. ;)

Agreed. If you install an app like battery monitor widget, you can verify that it goes to 100% and then drops and back up.

42577dd9-381a-c1b5.jpg

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just remember to not drain the battery completely, and you should be ok.

As Jean15paul said, unless you really need that extra 5% to make it thru' the day, it doesn't really matter :)

On a related note though, one thing that I found odd is this - if I leave the phone on the charger after it reaches 100% charge (data connections off), it discharges to about 97% within an hour (while on the charger). But if I disconnect it when it reaches 100%, and leave it overnight (data connections off), it will be 99% when I wake up.

In other words, it seems to discharge faster when connected to a charger (after reaching 100% charge) compared to when it is disconnected from charger.

It is really not that big a deal for me because the phone has more than enough charge to get me thru' more than a day. But I do find it very strange! Has anyone else noticed this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs