ICS in June!

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So I read the Evo 3d is finally getting ICS in June. They said we would get sense 3.6 with it. My question is what are the differences between 3.6 and 4?
Sent from my Evo 3d using Tapatalk!

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

joerivera17

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Virgin Mobile is releasing the HTC Evo V (evo 3d) on May 31 and its said to have ics. I hope it has a full upgrade. :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Who cares!! This is my last week with my e3d as I am upgrading to evolte. The 3d was a disappointment to say the least.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Who cares!! This is my last week with my e3d as I am upgrading to evolte. The 3d was a disappointment to say the least.

While the EVO LTE looks to be very impressive, I don't understand how that makes the E3D a dissapointment. It is a vast improvement over the EVO 4G, which my wife still has and hates. My E3D kills her 4G in every way possible. Stock ROM was very limited, I'll give you that, but root'd and ROM'd, mine flies! Great battery life, dual core OC'd CPUs, and ISC with 4G and camera working! I'm loving my E3D more than ever now. Looking forward to the official release of ICS but I am enjoying the heck out of ICS now!

Reactions: pmjj

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
While the EVO LTE looks to be very impressive, I don't understand how that makes the E3D a dissapointment. It is a vast improvement over the EVO 4G, which my wife still has and hates. My E3D kills her 4G in every way possible. Stock ROM was very limited, I'll give you that, but root'd and ROM'd, mine flies! Great battery life, dual core OC'd CPUs, and ISC with 4G and camera working! I'm loving my E3D more than ever now. Looking forward to the official release of ICS but I am enjoying the heck out of ICS now!

Comparing to how much love the og EVO had to the 3d is not even close. The roms were way better on the og and the amount of choices you had. Of course when you compare spec for spec the its obvious but there just wasn't that jump both software and hardware on the 3d. It still somewhat laggy which is probably from HTC UI the camera was ok and let's face it the big selling point was 3d which seriously didn't amount to anything special. We were promised 3d movies, games, apps and all we had were a game or two. Oh yeah and the green hornet for a movie. Just saying the LTE will have success just like the og EVO did if not more. Of course this is just my own opinion

Last edited:

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
So I read the Evo 3d is finally getting ICS in June. They said we would get sense 3.6 with it. My question is what are the differences between 3.6 and 4?
Sent from my Evo 3d using Tapatalk!

Walkthrough of ICS with Sense 3.6 on the Vivid (Everything should be the same on the Evo 3D.)

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYoQDqXg78Y[/YT]

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Comparing to how much love the og EVO had to the 3d is not even close. The roms were way better on the og and the amount of choices you had. Of course when you compare spec for spec the its obvious but there just wasn't that jump both software and hardware on the 3d. It still somewhat laggy which is probably from HTC UI the camera was ok and let's face it the big selling point was 3d which seriously didn't amount to anything special. We were promised 3d movies, games, apps and all we had were a game or two. Oh yeah and the green hornet for a movie. Just saying the LTE will have success just like the og EVO did if not more. Of course this is just my own opinion

The 3D was hardly the selling point. The fact that it had a dual-core, a better battery, and was just overall a very solid phone were the selling points.

I have had the Evo 3D for 5 months now and I have no plans to upgrade to the LTE.

Reactions: cloak.n.dagger

makris0000

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
The 3D was hardly the selling point. The fact that it had a dual-core, a better battery, and was just overall a very solid phone were the selling points.

I have had the Evo 3D for 5 months now and I have no plans to upgrade to the LTE.

Yea the 3D was not a big selling point. I find it as useless feature because you cannot send 3D pictures to other people, you cant add 3D pictures to facebook or any other social networks, and you can only view them on a 3D compatible screen.

Reactions: kmmill00

kingsway8605

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yea the 3D was not a big selling point. I find it as useless feature because you cannot send 3D pictures to other people, you cant add 3D pictures to facebook or any other social networks, and you can only view them on a 3D compatible screen.

That darn 3d switch is always there, taunting you.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
June? I got mine now. :D

42575bc5-b107-dfe8.jpg

42575bc5-b11a-2df4.jpg

-----
Sent from my ICS-powered HTC Evo 3D

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Sense 4.0 doesn't look childish anymore. Much more easy on the eyes. Like sense is finally out of beta... I like the improvements overall.

sent from my iPride 5G

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Sense 4.0 doesn't look childish anymore. Much more easy on the eyes. Like sense is finally out of beta... I like the improvements overall.

sent from my iPride 5G

I can't wait it does looks like its better I can't wait to see if battery life is a lot better like people are saying its going to be

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I use it for fun once in a while. Though there's an app that lets you see all your 2D pictures in 3D anyway. Even lets you save them in 3D so if you really need a picture in 3D you can just use that.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ImNvbS5oaW1heC5IaTNEX0xpdGUiXQ&token=j-EV_-mP..