Is it possible to send an MMS text message?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to force the Evo 3D to send an MMS message, even if the message is text only? I haven't been able to figure out a way to do it.

Sometimes my siblings and I send group text messages to each other. They send them as MMS messages which allows the receiver to hit "reply to all". (2 of them have iPhones, and 1 has a Blackberry.) Even if I hit reply to all on the MMS message my Evo 3D sends 3 SMS messages instead of 1 MMS message with multiple recipients. And if I'm composing a text message there's no option to send as MMS.

Is this an Android thing, or a Sense thing? Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere?

4dogstech

May 23, 2012
Visit site
To send a MMS go to normal text, there is an attach paper clip icon, use that to add picture video etc, fill in the written content and send, it then sends as a MMS, simple.
You don't need a seperate app with a smart phone, if it's just text, it's a text message, if you add a file it is a mulimedia message. Hope this helps you guys. For a few tips on the HTC one X check out my YouTube channel same name as above. Paul.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
To send a MMS go to normal text, there is an attach paper clip icon, use that to add picture video etc, fill in the written content and send, it then sends as a MMS, simple.
You don't need a seperate app with a smart phone, if it's just text, it's a text message, if you add a file it is a mulimedia message. Hope this helps you guys. For a few tips on the HTC one X check out my YouTube channel same name as above. Paul.

That doesn't really answer the OP's question. (Also if you wanna advertise your youtube channel just link it to your account here, it has nothing to do with this.)

To answer the OP's question I don't think there's a way to force it, you probably have to attach a media file if you wanna send it as a MMS message otherwise I doubt there's anything else you can do.

Reactions: jean15paul

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was just me not knowing how. I hope a fix is found soon.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Faint

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Handcent has allowed for this, but I'm not sure how well it works. I don't think it's ever going to be as good as the iPhone since you still need to "download" it and it doesn't always display. At any rate, you download Handcent and enable Handcent to handle SMS and MMS messaging, and you enable "thread conversation" or something like that.

I used it for awhile, but I found that when I got it, my friends stopped using MMS group messaging, so I uninstalled it. I'm not a fan of the SMS replacement programs.. I'm a fan of the stock 3D SMS app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech