According to Sprint, ICS should be released to the EVO 3D on June 16th. I have a feeling that they will postpone the update.

So who thinks ICS will be released on time according to what Sprint said?
    06-09-2012 08:43 PM
    Who knows? Just gotta wait and see. Won't be much longer before we find out.
    06-09-2012 08:58 PM
    Who knows? Just gotta wait and see. Won't be much longer before we find out.
    Yea I am really hoping they will release it on time because i'm sick of gingerbread.
    06-09-2012 10:00 PM
    Root your phone and ics is yours! sprint and HTC just bullish there customers.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    06-09-2012 10:13 PM
    Root your phone and ics is yours! sprint and HTC just bullish there customers.

I would need a rom that is as smooth as stock and that FULLY WORKS. I need my phone to work because I am a really busy college student (that needs a vacation haha).
    VickMackey#AC and kmmill00 like this.
    06-09-2012 10:48 PM
    I would need a rom that is as smooth as stock and that FULLY WORKS. I need my phone to work because I am a really busy college student (that needs a vacation haha).
    MeanRom ICS is as smooth and smoother than the stock rom and is fully functional
    06-09-2012 10:56 PM
    I have read this on several forums. Still no one has provided any sources. When did Sprint announce this? Where?
    06-10-2012 04:37 PM
    I have read this on several forums. Still no one has provided any sources. When did Sprint announce this? Where?
    They had a video they had about a month back or so. It was in interview and they were talking about sprint and virgin mobile. They were saying that virgin mobile was getting the Evo 3D (I forgot what they were going to name it) and they also said that ICS was being released to Evo 3D's in the US and it was going to be running sense 3.6. I dont remember where I found the source but I do remember a few of the things that they said in the interview. Also I am not bullting this or spreading "rumors" this was said by Sprint.
    06-10-2012 10:17 PM
    here is one of the sources. It confirms ICS will come to the Evo 3D in the June Time frame. I cannot find the second video that I saw that confirmed the June 16th date.

"The Engadget interview: Sprint product execs John Tudhope..." - Videos - Viddler
    06-10-2012 10:35 PM
    MeanRom ICS is as smooth and smoother than the stock rom and is fully functional
    MeanROM ICS works great but for me at least, it's is a total battery KILLER. While the standby time is fine, if I'm actually using the phone l get AT MOST 3 hours of battery life... and if I'm in an area with marginal signal I might as well short the battery terminals together for all the battery life I get. (No tweaks, themes, or other funky stuff installed.) On a Gingerbread ROM (I'm using CleanROM, haven't tried MeanROM GB) with exactly the same settings and apps installed I get AT LEAST double the battery life, usually much more than that.

I don't know if the terrible battery life is endemic to ICS or not (couldn't get CleanROM ICS to work) but my advice would be that unless you have a lot of time available to try this and that and see what works for you, stay with GB until an official ICS release comes out. In my personal experience, the extra features of ICS haven't been worth the trouble - though of course others may get better mileage.
    06-11-2012 09:34 AM
    MeanROM ICS works great but for me at least, it's is a total battery KILLER. While the standby time is fine, if I'm actually using the phone l get AT MOST 3 hours of battery life... and if I'm in an area with marginal signal I might as well short the battery terminals together for all the battery life I get. (No tweaks, themes, or other funky stuff installed.) On a Gingerbread ROM (I'm using CleanROM, haven't tried MeanROM GB) with exactly the same settings and apps installed I get AT LEAST double the battery life, usually much more than that.

I don't know if the terrible battery life is endemic to ICS or not (couldn't get CleanROM ICS to work) but my advice would be that unless you have a lot of time available to try this and that and see what works for you, stay with GB until an official ICS release comes out. In my personal experience, the extra features of ICS haven't been worth the trouble - though of course others may get better mileage.
    I would root my phone but if we are getting ICS in a few days (or if sprint decided to be a-holes and release it later) then I might as well wait also I am really busy which means my phone has to be always working. My upgrade is in 2 months and i'm getting the Galaxy S III. Cant wait
    06-13-2012 10:07 PM
    I would root my phone but if we are getting ICS in a few days (or if sprint decided to be a-holes and release it later) then I might as well wait also I am really busy which means my phone has to be always working. My upgrade is in 2 months and i'm getting the Galaxy S III. Cant wait
    S3 is the phone of all phones.

makris0000 likes this.
    06-14-2012 12:01 AM
    Thats what I did.
    06-14-2012 09:07 AM
    I use d3rpROM. [SENSE/SENSELESS][SVN]_d3rpICS_[R245/R25][DRAMA/BAREBACK][6/11/12] - xda-developers
    It uses all the Evo 3d features, camera, gps, etc. Haven't had an issue yet. I wish cyanogenmod 9 didnt stop creating updates for the Evo 3d but oh well.
    06-14-2012 09:13 AM
    S3 is the phone of all phones.

That phone is literally the best phone on the market when it comes out later this month. My upgrade is in 2 months. I wish sprint would buy out my contract so I can get the phone asap.
    06-14-2012 12:53 PM
    One X > GS3 ... i'm just saying
    06-14-2012 01:22 PM
    One X > GS3 ... i'm just saying
    The only thing I like about the One X is that it has beat audio. If the GSIII had beats then it would be perfect.
    06-14-2012 07:02 PM
    The only thing I like about the One X is that it has beat audio. If the GSIII had beats then it would be perfect.
    If you like beats get the One X and hang on to it. HTC will no longer use Beats for their upcoming phones.
    06-17-2012 09:53 AM
    I'm about to throw in the towel and root ICS if it doesn't come out this month. But if what was said is true and is a battery killer I'm not sure it's worth it. I use it for work and my battery is terrible already.
    06-17-2012 09:57 AM
    I have beats audio on zr3d! Perhaps the best sound out of any Rom I've used.

06-17-2012 10:49 AM
    If you like beats get the One X and hang on to it. HTC will no longer use Beats for their upcoming phones.
    Well I do like Beats Audio but I like more stuff on the GSIII then the One X.
    SirNickselot likes this.
    06-17-2012 03:06 PM
    If the ICS multitasking is as dreadful as on the One X, I seriuously do not want.
    06-18-2012 09:34 AM
    Mean rom does fine for me so far on wifes phone,But get the evo LTE best choice i have ever made,and yes i have had every iphone and every galaxy s,matter fact have galaxy s2 next to me now that handed over to daughter after had evo lte in hands,new Evo LTE blows it out ofthe water in every single way possible even without lte on yet,samsung will always feel cheap to me,and when i tweak hardware out to max like i don with htc and computers,galaxy always reveals its weak side way before HTC(meaning becomes unstable. as for gs3 guess missed test and reviews saying with using phone alot they only got 5 .5 hrs out of battery(fail),when evo lte i watched movies,post on facebook,made about 12 calls,played games and still lasted 6am-8pm before i hit 7%.
    06-18-2012 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD