Sprint ICS update now live!!!

anon(285475)

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
We seem to have lost the ability to turn off Window animations. I liked this because it made the phone a little faster and was easier on the cpu/battery. Anyone find out a way to do this?

FusioNFro

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
We seem to have lost the ability to turn off Window animations. I liked this because it made the phone a little faster and was easier on the cpu/battery. Anyone find out a way to do this?

Thsnks for the reply earlier about gps. I was in that menu but did not read close enough since I was looking for a toggle switch.

I found the window animation option. It's under settings then at the very bottom under developer options. It's in the middle along with transition animation. There are tons of other things to fiddle around with in developer options.

Reactions: anon(285475)

anon(285475)

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. Now I'm really curious about the "force gpu rendering" option. I'm assuming it means hardware acceleration. I'm gonna keep it on for a while and see how it does.

hitraj47

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't found a fix for this either. It is killing me. I'm guessing it time to start using WidgetLocker Lockscreen.

Widget locker isn't free right? No matter, it's not that expensive and I have play store credit from buying a nexus 7. I'm wondering if I should give them a few weeks to change this, but I get the feeling 3.6 has been like this on other phones so it won't change.

Another small issue - on Google talk, the emoticon style has changed, I prefer the old ones. Is there a way to get those back?

Other than that, I'm liking everything else about the ics update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I have to wait till I go home to install the update. Can anyone confirm if Sprint has decided to be merciful (idiots) and allow Google Talk Video?

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
On GB you could uninstall 3d games, blockbuster, ect., and it would remove them from your app list. Now when I've tried to uninstall them it says uninstall unsuccessful and you can't disable them. Anyone figured out a way to uninstall them from the app list or disable them?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

treydiamonds

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Before the ICS update, I was able to use EQ or Music Volume EQ to boost sound. After the update, the volume seems to be extremely low and neither of the EQ apps seem to work. Anyone else experiencing the issue?

FusioNFro

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. Now I'm really curious about the "force gpu rendering" option. I'm assuming it means hardware acceleration. I'm gonna keep it on for a while and see how it does.

Yeah, I was wondering about the force gpu rendering as well. I thought ICS introduced that feature automatically, kind of like how it's supposed to utilize dual core processors more effectively. I wonder if turning it on eats up more battery...

I love this update. It makes my phone like new again. Everything is much smoother and snappier. I was considering getting a phone with lte, but apparently it's still spotty in my area. Now I can wait until my upgrade. One of the only things that is annoying me so far about the update is that Chrome artifacts constantly. Sometimes it leaves them on the screen even though I go to the home screen. It takes several menu and window detours to make it go away.

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I love this update! My only question is can u hide the bloatware apps after u uninstall them? I was told that u could but I haven't figured out how.

Sent from my Evo 3d using Tapatalk!

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
MY phone restarts constantly, every 5 mins. Everthing is slow, sluggish. Gmail is always asking for permission and the phone freezes and locks up constantly. I'm completely stock, never rooted. Anyone else?

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
MY phone restarts constantly, every 5 mins. Everthing is slow, sluggish. Gmail is always asking for permission and the phone freezes and locks up constantly. I'm completely stock, never rooted. Anyone else?

I'm not experiencing any of those issues and I'm stock too. My phone is much faster now. My only issue is Play Store freezing when opened from a notification alert for an update. Otherwise it opens fine.

Also, what happened to swipe to delete? Did HTC disable that as well?

Swipe to delete is working for me and others I have been around for the past two days. I haven't seen others post this issue yet.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not experiencing any of those issues and I'm stock too. My phone is much faster now. My only issue is Play Store freezing when opened from a notification alert for an update. Otherwise it opens fine.

Swipe to delete is working for me and others I have been around for the past two days. I haven't seen others post this issue yet.

Do you use a sd card? When i take my sd card it works just fine, when I put it back in, it's constant locking up and restarting. Swipe to delete not working in gmail at all...

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Just the 8GB one which is almost full. I'm constantly having to make room as I did to get this update. I thought that the lack of free space would cause me issues with ICS, but so far so good.

n5nhl

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that after I make or receive a call and hang up, about a second later my phone rings for about half a second then stops. I thought I was missing calls, but I can reproduce the issue after EVERY call.
I am guessing I have an app that is causing this. Going to start removing my GoogleVoice-related apps. Anybody else experience anything like this?

FusioNFro

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site

My play store hangs when I access it through notifications as well. Instead of going back to the home screen and back to the play store, I just hit search and look for a random app then hit my apps so I'll be back to updating apps.

What I don't like about the update is that they bundled facebook with it. I hate facebook :mad:

hitraj47

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Someone mentioned not being able to uninstall the bloatware apps... I think this changed with gb as before it kept bugging me to update blockbuster... I've never used blockbuster and I thought I had uninstalled it. I've kept these apps up to date because I have the space and if I try and remove them, all its going to do is annoy me into reinstalling them. Typical scumbag cell phone company, pushing these pointless bloatware apps onto us. What's really sad is that when the phone originally came out, you could remove the majority of the bloatware, at least the sprint branded bloatware.

I'm so glad to have a nexus device, it makes me feel like I just showered after not doing so for over a year :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463