PC will not recognize phone as disk drive

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else? Enabled usb debugging and set default option as disk drive. nothing. phone is not even recognized. all it does it charge.

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Unplug it, and did you install HTC Sync? that should download the drivers you need to connect the phone. (you don't need to keep it installed) Or you can go to HTC's site and get the drivers.

Malixous

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Try restarting the phone with usb debugging on and then go back and turn it off and try again.

If I may add, with so many wireless options to sync out there why are trying to connect to your pc?

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

treye1007

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem earlier today. I got it to work by hooking up the phone to the computer, it defaults to charge only so change it to disk drive when it comes up, then go and turn on USB debugging. This worked for me on my work PC without sync installed.

Sent from my Evo 3D.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Try restarting the phone with usb debugging on and then go back and turn it off and try again.

If I may add, with so many wireless options to sync out there why are trying to connect to your pc?

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

One less thing to think about/mess about with., but I'll look into some wifi syncing apps. Any suggestions?

Malixous

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
One less thing to think about/mess about with., but I'll look into some wifi syncing apps. Any suggestions?

Well for syncing I have different things like Google drive drop box Google music. For pictures lookout and recently instant upload with Google+ SMS backup+ and well that pretty much covers me.